Ritchey P20 - WIP

kona kid

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
well, finally thought I should post a pic of it - almost done now apart from my recent BB problems (got the wrong size and seems like it needs one with chainline adjustment too :? ), that's all a bit annoying as the previous one was a lovely Ritchey BB (thanks Al anyway)

various others parts have come via here (front hub is from Kase ages ago, one of my first retro puchases ;) ) but also via a bloke who works for Ritchey international in Switzerland and also Thomas Frischknecht's Ritchey mechanic from BITN :cool: , so some used bars with history :D

where ever possible i've used Ritchey parts, but as I want this bike to be a regualr one I've gone with vees (period correct anywway as the bike is 97) but 9spd 953 XTR, which isn't, I started off with the 8spd 950 but changed things for ease of bike maintenance

anyway i'll post a full spec up when it's complete this is just a taster! hope you like it!

Attachments

• P20 010.jpg
    P20 010.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 2,496
  • P20 011.jpg
    P20 011.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 2,496
  • P20 017.jpg
    P20 017.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 2,497
I want it working too!

It needs a new BB (just odered off ebay) the cable guide which still hasn't turned up (maybe I should have tekn your Chris?!) plus I'm not sure what condition the pedals and forks are in, both might need a rebuild, plus it obviousl has no cabl;es or brakes yet.... so not much to do :shock:

Nice Guy, nice. Makes me realise I need a top drawer retro bike...

That is lovely.

Hope you can make it down for the meet.

But can it beat my Brew of the Month Mug? That's the question.

;)

very nice :cool:

The frame angles look quite laid back, or is this just an optical illusion?

jango - know what you mean about the slack looking angles, but I only noticed that in the photos not when i'm with it so prob just a photo thing, might just check the wheelbase to confirm as I'm a bit paranoid now

everyone, kind comments - BOTM would be lovely as I can't see me having another chance to win it, but if it does get nominated a Yeti C26 or some other super exotica will appear knowing my luck!

:cool: :D
Looking good. Mines built with 953XTR and Arch Supreme vbrakes. I don't think cantis would be capable of stopping it. It terms of weight, mine with rigid forks is around 22lb.
To ride they are flexible when given some stick, but really fast to ride. They don't do pootling very well!! ;)

653645842_1940380faf_o.jpg

Crud guard is now removed....

Back