Cannondale SM1000 from 1991 in jetfighter-silver

stoppi_71

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
In 1991 I changed my damaged diamond-ascent-frame against the cannondale SM1000 in jetsilver.

Unfortunately the bike has been stolen five months later. 20 years later I got an email from Laurence (1000 thank's), who has seen, that I'm looking for this model.

Last week it arrived and I'm very happy, that my lost son has returned. ;)

Now I have a M2000 from 1992 and this "Silberpfeil", though the SM-series is much more harder to find.

Here are the first pictures. I've just to assemble the chain, the front and the rear derailleur.

Attachments

• Cannondale_SM1000_10.JPG
    Cannondale_SM1000_10.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 2,943
  • Cannondale_SM1000_11.JPG
    Cannondale_SM1000_11.JPG
    222.6 KB · Views: 2,943
  • Cannondale_SM1000_16.JPG
    Cannondale_SM1000_16.JPG
    296.1 KB · Views: 2,943
'dale

i'm glad i clicked the left button to see a nice example of a cannondale made interesting with some nice blue bits. i love the rims, almost therapeutic to look at :cool:

it even looks newer that 1991 somehow, though i believe it is 1991. this shows how cannondale were advanced with frame innovation, such as the rear drop-outs and drain pipe downtube :)

i like it and i hope you make up for 19.5 years of loss. just don't pull rippin' skids like you would have back then, tyres area't cheap ya know! :LOL:

tres bon velo!

sm1000vj0.jpg

:D

Hello everybody!

Thank's for your comments. Without the anodized parts the cannondale would look like a grey mouse. So I assembled some coloured blots, not too much and not too less (I hope so ;) )

Here's the link to the very cheap rims and other parts:

http://www.fahrradteilediscount.de/fahr ... ng/felgen/

Ad 24pouces: Thank's for the picture.

I know, that the SM1000 was originally equipped with suntour XC Comp-parts but to be honest, I'm not the greatest fan of them. Shimano parts are more common and easier to get. Six months ago I swapped my XC-pro-parts for a beautiful Klein pinnacle elite. :cool:

Latest posts

Back