Kona Lava Dome 1996

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
First Off I must say a massive thank you to Hawmaw for passing this bike on- he had a thread on it and I really wanted to document the small changes I will make and have a link to my sig below.

Kona's are ten a penny on here (and a bit marmite) but I really do love the look and the colour on this bike- It was always a toss up between a kona and an orange for my first bike BITD and even given this is a bit more modern, I really love it.

It was a bit of a bargain and apart from a couple of minor scratches it is in very very good condition. The weather is stinking and I am still waiting on a couple of bits thru the post so will post up some pics when it is complete :D

DSC09745.jpg

Is it not a '97 Lava Dome? Either way, I think they hit a high with the paint jobs and decals from 1995 to 1998.

Great looking bike.

Agree the paint is really lush, mind you the metalic fades and the splatters were pretty nice paint jobs to, 10 years of spanking paint imho.

That looks a spit of my old Lava Dome, which was bought in 1997 and was identical save for the fact that I'm absolutely sure it had the old squarer "Kona" downtube decals.

I bloody loved that bike, as it was properly quick! Unfortunately the top tube suffered an enormous crack about 3 inches away from the seat-tube. Took it to my local Kona dealer, and within a week (I kid you not) he had a brand new matt black Kilauea frame in for me to replace it. The kit from the Lava Dome was looking tired, so I sold the Kilauea frame for about £250 and put it towards a P7...

Always keeping an eye out for one hese on ebay as a weekend rider.

Back