It's amazing what you find laid about (Orange Content)

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
This has been hung in my inlaws garage for over ten years. It looked awful, covered in mud, dust cobwebs and grease. I bought it for a song and cleaned it up. The frame is virtually as new. The bottom bracket was dead and seized, as was the headset and rear rear mech spring had gone soft, but everything else under the muck, was as new. I serviced the hubs with new bearings, replaced the BB with a £200 (I didn't pay that :) ) TA specialities Titanium one, replaced the crappy Alivio cranks with the CODA CNC ones, added an XT headset, An X-lite M Matrix post and a new '94 Fizik Giro Vitesse, a few new bottle cage mounts, LX 560 front mech, OnZa rear mech with Avitar USA jockey wheels and Ti bolt, 540 pedals(the XT's are fine, but re enamelling the cages still and re building/polishing them) A new set of cables and new treads. Oh and Control Tech Ti security skewers (39 grams) The component changes took well over 2 kilos off: (Tyres and tubes 1050g of this! Crank set, 270g grips 100g, BB 250g, mechs 140g, seatpost 100g, pedals 100g, Saddle 120g, skewers alone a massive 130g and losing the Barends 85g)
The wheels are a weird mix, premium FIR off centre eyeletted, champagne green double wall anodised premium rims, DT spokes, but only Alivio Hubs. Rear Cassette is unbranded, but very light at 220g(Ti?) I was going to 8 speed it, but the cassette is so light and the freehub is only seven width, the STI's are as new, so decided to keep the 7 speed. It weighes just under 21 pounds and is a stunning ride and stunning to look at.what do you think?
Orange015.jpg

Orange011.jpg

Orange018.jpg

Orange017.jpg

all you need to do now is change the frame and forks and it will be perfect . :LOL: :LOL:

it is actually quite nice . I am not an Orange fan , but this blue is ok .

A great find. A great re-build at only £65 :shock: well worth it. A bargain .

Orange

Yep the blocks are front, but work great on the back, still the same way round and toe in correctly, the old ones were worn through. The Vitesse was a unisex saddle, I think the female specific was an Elesse? or summat similar! it's bloody comfy I know that and as light as a Flite. I have never been an Orange fan either, until I bought this and the ride is rather special. The Sky Blue colur is not that common, the Emerald green was even rarer.

Back