1991 Cannondale SM2000

Senri

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I bought this bike end last year. I was actually looking for a cheap bike to build as a beachbike, but then I came across this one. It remembered me so much of the time I was franticly going through the catalogues and drooling over the Cannondales, I just had to have it!
I did 2 beachraces on it, but it is now retired from that harsh environment. I recently rode my local trail with it and it absolutely amazes me how well it rides. I almost did a PB on the trail, and my record is with a modern fully! It really gives a lot of confidence.

It is a well used bike with scratches etc, but no dents or anything. I already upgraded some parts, but it is not ready yet.

Anyway, here the specs:

Frame: 1991 Cannondale SM2000

Fork: Pepperoni

Headset: Ritchey Logic
Stem: Cannondale 285
Handlebar: Humpert Downhill
Grips: Tioga Pro

Brakes: Shimano XT M-734
Brake Pads: Koolstop
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Ritchey Logic (dia-Compe)

Shifters: Shimano XT thumbies
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT M-735
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M-735
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: HG50
Chain: HG50
Cranks: Ritchey Logic
Bottom Bracket: UN-54
Pedals: Litech

Hub Skewers: Trans-X
Rims: rear Wolber, front CR-16?
Hubs: Shimano XT M-732
Tyres: Ritchey Logic Alpha Bite 2.1

Saddle: Selle Italia
Seatpost: Ritche Logic
Seatpost Binder: Trans-X

Weight: 11.4kg (25.1lbs)

dale1.jpg

dale2.jpg

Rob Atkin":399a4l31 said:
Apart from those hideous bars its a lovely bike...

Funny how those risers always seem to provoke some reactions. Not to defend the bars as I really have a soft spot for risers, but this is how I bought the bike. I am actually looking for some Hyperlite's , so if someone has a spare.....

Thanks though for the nice words, guys!

'dale badged hyperlites (silver) come up now and again on here and ebay. Happy searching. Nice bike, nice colour...always wanted one :D

I don't have a problem with risers on retro bikes normally, but they look very cheap in comparison to the bike as a whole.

nice, i got one set up as a road based singlespeed and i love it.........i think straight bars will suit the fork better (just for the record!)......

Cool 'dale, with the neon pink decals… It was the top of the 3.0 series (except the very rare omega)
Good idea for the an hyperlite bar. Why not a purple for the fun :LOL:

In my opinion : change the saddle too for a Sella Italia Flite, or a black turbo if you want to be near the catalog.
Remove too the cage around the rear derailleur : it's a very dangerous part : you could brake your frame !

Latest posts

Back