God help me! another new project!! Dynatech content

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
yes, it happened again, i acquired another frame! :roll:

my Fat Chance isn't finished yet (at the painters) and neither is my boardman inspired cougar (finding mavic stuff is hard!) but there i was at the peaks meet and Kean (Wizard of Oz) was tempting me with a raleigh dynatech titanium.

i have always liked dynatech frames i think the are very underated although i don't always like the paint jobs. i used to have one a while back but i wasn't really happy with it, it rode really nice, the handling was good but it weighed atleast a metric tone!! :LOL:

when Kean handed over this frame i was happy with the weight, it's not superlight by any means but it's not chubby either.

i am not sure what to build it with at the mo, i have several options, i have the guts of an m900 group, i still have my clockwork frame for sale and that would open up and entire build kit of deore dx or i was thinking of upgrading my 95 p7 from m737 xt to m900 xtr which would leave the m737 for the dynatech.

decisions decisions!! :LOL:

anway here's some pics including one from the peaks meet that Mr K posted, as Kean stayed the night at Mr K's place i am guessing it was a suggestion of where it belongs!! :LOL:

Attachments

• dt3.jpg
    dt3.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 2,273
  • dt2.jpg
    dt2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 2,274
  • dt1.jpg
    dt1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 2,274
  • found in a bin!.jpg
    found in a bin!.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 2,274
more pics :D

Attachments

• dt6.jpg
    dt6.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2,267
  • dt5.jpg
    dt5.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 2,267
  • dt4.jpg
    dt4.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 2,267
I like it ...maybe go for black kit with gunmetal rims say 231 cd's
Mmmmm.....sexy...let's feel the love for the Nottingham :D

captaincosmic":22oeuq57 said:
I like it ...maybe go for black kit with gunmetal rims say 231 cd's
Mmmmm.....sexy...let's feel the love for the Nottingham :D

bar/stem/post i think need to be black, rims will depend on what wheelsets i have that fit what group i decide to use.

if i use the dx build it will be silver 231's, if the xt m737 from the p7 it will be black rims

if it is the xtr i'm not sure what it will be.

anyone know what the seatpost size is? 26.8 maybe? haven't checked it yet

:)

Nice. I've owned a Technium, but while both bonded Raleighs they are two different species.

I were impressed by Kean's Torus with the distinctive fork also. Both Torus and Dyna-Tech, you didn't see them much in Holland.

right, a little bit of progress has been made, but i have come to a stop as i need a seatpost to clamp the bike by properly and also i need to decide what i want to do about wheels.

i have some citron 517 rims in very good condition that i got from ebay a while ago, they were going to be used on my Fat Chance but i changed my thoughts on stickers for that so now they are available for another project. but i can't decide whether i should use them on this. :? blue/gun metal frame with ano yellow rims, ehat do you guys think?

it might look ok once built but it could be horrible, i do have some m900 xtr hubs i could build them into which would match the rest of the groupset that i have decided to use.

come on, yay or nay??!! :D

oh and sorry for the crappy pics.

Attachments

• dyna4.jpg
    dyna4.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,853
  • dyna3.jpg
    dyna3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,853
  • dyna2.jpg
    dyna2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,853