´94 Manitou FS

Vitorzip

Senior Retro Guru
Hi there.

Here´s one of my projects (in fact, one of my favourites), the one who´s been spending most of my time and effort.

It´s not entirely as i wish. There are some parts to be changed soon, some others are only to see how they look.

I would really like to make an "full USA version", but that will take too much time for me to wait. So, i share it with you as is.

It´s a Manitou FS frame, ´94 model, made on October of ´93, upgraded with Titanium bolts and Manitou Titanium springs. Has a Manitou 3 front fork also upgraded with Ti bolts and springs.

It has a 1st gen Paul rear mech, XTR front, Paul´s Stoplight cantis, XTR M910 shifter/lever combo, Tune BB, seatpost and cranks, with Pace rings, White Industries Hubs, Answer Atac stem, Renthal RC130 bar, Onza Porc´s tyres and Porcshop grips.

I´m waiting for a Flite Evo seat, an Answer Rocker seatpost, Chris King 1 1/4 headset. Also looking for a 100mm Atac stem (this one is too big).

Pics for you guys...

retrobike103qm5.jpg

retrobike104xf9.jpg

retrobike102en1.jpg

retrobike106cc1.jpg

retrobike112qv6.jpg

retrobike107lk5.jpg

retrobike109pw5.jpg

retrobike110dt1.jpg

retrobike113yv8.jpg

retrobike115bm3.jpg

retrobike117jq7.jpg

Sweet bike!!! The old Manitou's look awesome and the blue parts sets it off nicely.

Would love to see more photos of your collection - looks like you've got some beautiful bikes in there!

W-O-W....

Speechless...... :shock: :shock: :shock:

What are those awseome cable outers..... :?: :?:

Thank´s guys.

I´m looking forward to get all the missing parts, so it can be complete, as i want.

Ashes_mtb : I´ll try to start posting pics of my other bikes, it´s quite a collection, but most of them have some missing part that makes me think they are not complete. In fact, they are.

Neilll : these cable outers are Nokon´s, i have them in all my favourite bikes for a few years now. Made from small aluminium pieces, you can build and rebuild them with the lenght you need. They last a lifetime, just have to change inner err... (tape?rubber? Between aluminium pieces and cable) from time to time.

Kase : ;) sharp look... don´t know who glued them, tough... ;)

Thank´s for your comments, guys.

Latest posts

Back