1997 GT Xizang 10/10/2011

SEANSTEPHENS

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Got the camera out yesterday to take some shots of the xizang...... ive had it for quite a while now, but its forever changing. im probably going to change the setup again soon.... Judy sl, modern tyres, riser bars. Let me know your thoughts :cool:

cheers

->

Attachments

• DSCF4217.jpg
    DSCF4217.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,749
  • DSCF4206.jpg
    DSCF4206.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 1,732
  • DSCF4209.jpg
    DSCF4209.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,732
  • DSCF4211.jpg
    DSCF4211.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,732
that syncros stem bolt looks like a potential leg gouger! i'd be trimming that quickly if it were mine.. liking the sound of judy SL forks, they always look perfect on xizangs.

before you go riser,try maybe a nice extra wide flat bar with big sweep. i have ordered a salsa moto ace for mine, 660mm and 11 degrees.

i run 680s by 12 degree on my modern hardtail, they have transformed the ride! you get all the good benefits of a riser style bar, without the kind of funny looking upwards bends of riser bars.

they seem to be all the rage on 29ers at the moment, but they seem just as great on my 26 inch wheel HT.

on my modern bike, i also wanted to keep the front end as low as possible, an additional reason for the wide but flat bar.

merckx":2had1bft said:
that syncros stem bolt looks like a potential leg gouger! i'd be trimming that quickly if it were mine.. liking the sound of judy SL forks, they always look perfect on xizangs.

before you go riser,try maybe a nice extra wide flat bar with big sweep. i have ordered a salsa moto ace for mine, 660mm and 11 degrees.

i run 680s by 12 degree on my modern hardtail, they have transformed the ride! you get all the good benefits of a riser style bar, without the kind of funny looking upwards bends of riser bars.

they seem to be all the rage on 29ers at the moment, but they seem just as great on my 26 inch wheel HT.

on my modern bike, i also wanted to keep the front end as low as possible, an additional reason for the wide but flat bar.

fortunately my legs arent that long.... if i was 6'5", it might be more a problem :D

im not a great fan of having the low front end, hence the sus and risers.

Sean

Bootiful.

What size is it? Looks like a 16".

If it were an 18 I'd bite my own arm off to buy it

trickylad":4wonno9d said:
Bootiful.

What size is it? Looks like a 16".

If it were an 18 I'd bite my own arm off to buy it

its 16" c-c or 18" c-t.... GT would class it as a 16 inch, but we would call it an 18

sean

Back