1991 Monster Fat Chance,Finished Pics Page 4,ride pics p6

theredchili

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
So this build is Fat number three, my first Monster.The pictures do not do any justice to the condition of this frame, its like new , the pepto pink is stunning :D

1991 Fat City Cycles Monster Fat in absolutely beautiful condition. This is the iconic “Pepto Pink” (an awesome pink with a hint of red) that graced the Monster Fat. A bit rarer than the black or the purple, a bit more in keeping with the fun Somerville colours that made Fat famous.

This frame is in amazing condition and has been ridden very little. I am the third owner. The first had it as a display bike, built up with XC Pro.

Overall, the frame looks minty fresh with the original paint, I think you would be hard pressed to find an original Somerville, MA-built Monster Fat in as nice condition. No sun fading. A super beautiful and rare frameset!Think this is another Fat that will need riding with great care

Build will be fairly standard, using Suntour XC Comp,still a few parts and work to do before rideable,but looking forward to this allot :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1767.jpg
    IMG_1767.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 5,768
  • IMG_1761.jpg
    IMG_1761.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 5,766
  • IMG_1760.jpg
    IMG_1760.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 5,770
  • IMG_1765.jpg
    IMG_1765.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 5,770
Great stuff James!!! She is a beauty!!!

I look forward to seeing this in the future

Glad it arrived safely, hopefully the tax man didn't take his cut! Got stung today for some seatposts :(

Look forward to seeing it done, XC Comp is a good choice :D

What have you got left to find?

clockworkgazz":20h4mdue said:
Stunning bike mate you are indeed blessed, you can never have to many fats.

Thanks,

Its even more stunning in the Flesh, my camera doesn't do it any justice at all

nevadasmith":30t7sxuj said:
Glad it arrived safely, hopefully the tax man didn't take his cut! Got stung today for some seatposts :(

Look forward to seeing it done, XC Comp is a good choice :D

What have you got left to find?

Tax man=£47, ive paid more and ive paid less before !

Parts to find :

1" headset
nicer 26.4 seatpost
1" cable hanger
Bottom bracket axel
a pair of XC comp brakes ( have one set,or full set of XC pro brakes)
28.8mm Suntour front mech, XC Pro/XC Comp

so not too much :) ,just means the Cannondale will be no more !

Parts Bin so far :

Turbo Saddle
Oury Grips
Ringle Zooka Quill stem
Dia-Comp SS-5 levers

Attachments

• IMG_1770.jpg
    IMG_1770.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 5,531
Wonderful colour, that :cool:.

Forgive my ignorance, but how did a 'Monster' Fat differ from their regular offerings?

Reposter":3pwycgp5 said:
Wonderful colour, that :cool:.

Forgive my ignorance, but how did a 'Monster' Fat differ from their regular offerings?

The Monster Fat began as a model based on the Wicked Fat Chance. This model year was the year(pretty certain) that it switched to being based on the popular race-oriented Yo Eddy instead. The geometry is the same as the Yo Eddy, but instead of the Yo’s uber-stiff rear triangle, the Monster has a slightly more forgiving monostay. The tubeset is also not as butted as the Yo Eddy, making for a more comfortable, compliant ride. —the Monster is certainly most akin to the Yo, but a much better cruiser than the sometimes bruising Yo

Attachments

• IMG_1771.jpg
    IMG_1771.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 5,504

Latest posts

Back