1996 Yeti Kokopelli - Now with Pace ;-)

ajantom

Retrobike Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Awaiting delivery of this frame - quite excited :D I've always wanted a Yeti.
Now I know it's not a an ARC, but it's nearly (well the front half is!) and should be a nice rider.

Thinking of running it as an SS to start with, and accumulating some nice bits as it develops.......so far for the build I have:

- 1996 Yeti Kokopelli medium frame in yellow.
- USE Tfi rigid forks.
- Mavic Crossmax non-disc wheels (bit tatty though, so on the lookout for something smart and retro).
- Mid 90's stripped/polished Maguras with TWP levers and braided hoses (though I'll be mounting them with the newer EvoII hardware as they are so much easier to set up)
- Answer Alumilite bars - old school ones, you should see how thick the walls are :shock:
- Middleburn RS7s - or some SSed XTR M960 cranks - the RS7s will look more retro, but the XTRs are pretty cool, though more modern.
- If I use the Middleburns then a Royce BB is waiting.
- Ritchey Alphabite/Omegabite skinwalls, or Specialized Team Master/Control.
- Pauls Melvin Tensioner - just scored one on ebay for £26, bargain!
- Controltech Seatpost (coming with the frame)

So I'll need a suitable stem, a nice saddle, and maybe some yeti grips to finish it off :D

Yup, shouldn't have bought it, but I did!

Gives me a chance to use some bits I've had lying around for ages.

Dam you for winning......sold one of these back in the day and wished I hadnt, nice frame.......have to go and stroke my ARC. ;)

With this many bidding surprised it didn't go for more........come on guys got to get a system here! Were all bidding each other up!!

One thing I'm not sure of is how to route the rear Magura cable - I could drill out the cable guides, but that seems a bit like sacrilege!
Zip-ties would look messy though...............hmmm, gonna have a think on this one.

Back