97 Kona Kilauea - Gulf Colours

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
Here is a quick sneak preview of my new project, something a little newer than my usual stuff I hear you say :LOL:

This is my belated birthday treat to myself :oops: I have had it finished in my favourite colour combo of Orange and Blue AKA Gulf racing colours. I took the design inspiration from the 97 Hot & Ku, as I am keeping it rigid I had no option other than to follow the flames to the top of the forks :cool: I have had the rear bridges coloured to break the blue up and have also had the black pinstripe edges to complete the detail I wanted.

All decals have been lacquered over with the exception of the head tube so I can change if I want to as I have had the GULF logo edited into Kona for a little twist :cool:

I will hopefully have this finished soon and will add more to the thread when its done :)

021.jpg

018.jpg

020.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

023.jpg

gulf6-12-12.jpg

Fabulous work, liking that....what does the build spec look like...???

Incidentally, who painted this for you?

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Was this anything to do with you?! Le Mans Houx Annex camping this year, toaster, BBQ, freezers, bar, tandem, the lot in Gulf colours.

Nice Kona - lovely paint. Gil_m stickers?

Attachments

• DSCF3148.JPG
    DSCF3148.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 10,697
  • DSCF3149.JPG
    DSCF3149.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 10,697
you told me you were up to something special with this one

you have delivered on that promise.

That's lush!

Now that is cool, I must get myself some GULF ladders for Christmas :LOL:

Custom Decals and Paint done HERE

I Forgot to add that its a size 18" = my size :cool: I do need to get a Columbus Cyber Nivachrom decal

I was unsure of the age of this one, Its dated late 97 from serial number (thanks Anthony) but luckily for me there was a 97 & 98 Kilauea at the peaks ride at the weekend, twin top guides on 97 and triple on the 98...... so 97 it is then :cool:

The other strange thing is that a 27.0 seatpost is loose and a 27.2 is perfect, the old Kona seatpost size debate goes on :LOL:

Latest posts

Back