1993 Parkpre Team 925

brainz

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
08-04-2011-008-550x412.jpg

1993 Parkpre Team 925

My Parkpre Team 925 XC Bike. I am the only owner this baby has ever had. Bought this brand new from Antoon's Bicycles in Sterling Heights, MI. early summer of 1993. I first fell in love with this exact bike from a full page ad in "Mountain Bike" magazine. I had just bought an inexpensive hybrid mtn bike and was getting excited about the sport and buying magazines when I seen the full page ad for the Parkpre Team 925 with Titanium plated finish and that sweet looking Manitou 2 front shock! I thought to myself "man, I wish I had that bike". So I was visiting Antoons Bike shop several weeks later and they had one Team 925, the exact one from the ad. So not even caring what size frame it is or any of that important stuff, I ask to test ride it.
I rode it around the parking lot and thru the small trail circling in the adjacent field to the bike shop. I was in love! and gave them the $500.00 cash I had in my pocket for a deposit. Came back the following week with the $600.00 & change balance & took her home. Now this bike still gets alot of attention but back in 93' mountain biking wasn't as popular as today & people just didn't see bikes like this at the time. Or heard of anyone paying that much for a bike, & that wasn't that expensive of a bike actually.
I've since done upgrades & aftermarkets to it naturally. The only thing currently original besides the frame and finish is the LX crankset & bottom bracket, the stem, the shifter/brake levers & the rear derailleur. That LX rear derailleur is one tough component! I replaced the original Manitou 2 fork with a Manitou 3. I bought a couple Manitou 3 for parts and purchased the speed spring kit to replace the use of elastomers inside the fork.
The rest of the parts are all from that era besides the carbon fiber seat post, grips & seat. It has been an extremely dependable & fun bike for me to own, it has had lots of love and a few years of neglect where it hung out in the garage dusty. When the LX parts wear out I'll replace them with M900 parts.

Frame: Tange Ultimate Ultralight Prestige tubing, Low profile race geometry, Titanium Plated Finish
Fork Manitou 3 w/ Dual Linear Speed Spring Kit
Skewers MTN: XTR with Laser Cut Logo ROAD: ODYSSEY Purple Anodized Skewer Set
Crank SHIMANO DEORE LX FC-M560 175MM, Square Tapered, 46/36/26T (OEM), Kronos PURPLE ANODIZED 7075 T6 Alloy CHAINRING BOLTS, SHIMANO SG F-46,36,26 CHAINRINGS
Bottom Bracket SHIMANO CARTRIDGE (OEM)
Shifters SHIMANO LX 7-SPEED RAPIDFIRE PLUS INDEX SHIFTERS W/ INTEGRATED BRAKE LEVERS ST-M560
Cog Set MTN: SHIMANO LX 7-SPEED HYPERGLIDE, 14-32T (OEM) / ROAD: SHIMANO 7-SPEED HYPERGLIDE-C, 11-28T
Chain SACHS SEDIS/FRANCE
Front Mech. SHIMANO XTR FD-M900, BOTTOM PULL
Rear Mech. SHIMANO LX 7-SPEED LONG CAGE RD-M560 (OEM), BULLSEYE Purple Anodized Rear Derailleur Pulleys-Sealed Bearings 10t
Rims MTN: MAVIC 221 UB CONTROL Anodized / ROAD: SUN CHINOOK ALLOY Polished
Front Hub MTN: SHIMANO XTR HB-950 / ROAD: SHIMANO STX SPECIAL EDITION HB-MC31-CH
Rear Hub MTN: SHIMANO XTR FH-950 / ROAD: SHIMANO STX SPECIAL EDITION FH-MC30-CH
Spokes MTN: DT SWISS TAPERED STAINLESS / ROAD: WHEELSMITH STAINLESS
Nipples MTN: PURPLE ANODIZED ALLOY / ROAD: BRASS
Tires MTN: Front-PANARACER HARDCORE DART COMPE 26X2.0, Rear-SPECIALIZED CANNIBAL 26X1.8 Skinwalls / ROAD: KENDA KROSS PLUS 26x1.95 Skinwalls
Pedals ODYSSEY SVELTE HI-PERFORMANCE RACING PEDALS, Polished Aluminum Alloy Body, Sealed Bearings, 9/16" Cr-Mo Axle, Purple Anodized Cages - Black Toe Clips
Front Brake SHIMANO XTR BR-M900F low profile cold forged cantilever, XTR Pads, TEKTRO Purple Anodized Hanger
Rear Brake SHIMANO XTR BR-M900R low profile cold forged cantilever, XTR Pads, TEKTRO Purple Anodized Hanger
Brake Levers SHIMANO LX INTEGRATED
Handlebar CONTROL TECH 3DVIOLET ANODIZED STRAIGHT BAR
Stem ANSWER 120MM ALUMINUM QUILL Polished (OEM)
Headset SHIMANO LX 1 1/8" THREADED, BLACK (OEM)
Grips ESSEN Lock-On Ergo Black Anodized
Saddle WTB SILVERADO COMP
Seat Post BONTRAGER RACE X LITE Carbon Seatpost, (27.0)
Seat Clamp UNO Black Alloy (OEM), Odyssey Purple Titanium Seat Binder Bolt 50mm
Misc. 7075 T6 Purple Anodized Presta Caps, KRONOS 7075 T6 Purple Anodized Bottle Cage Bolts, KRONOS 7075 T6 Purple Anodized Chain Ring Bolts, BULLSEYE AL7075 T6 Purple Anodized Pulleys, 3DViolet aluminum M5 x .8 x 16mm bolts, Jagwire Ripcord Carbon Shifter/Brake Cables & Housings Kit, TEKTRO Purple Anodized Canti Hangers

08-29-2011-055-550x412.jpg
MotorCityRun-06-25-11-022-550x412.jpg

08-13-2011-085-550x412.jpg
08-13-2011-106-550x412.jpg

08-13-2011-071-550x412.jpg

Looks good with the Manitous fitted. Thank you for your kind words about my bikes :D

Back