Feedback
View
At last Magura's on the rear.

Ritchey Logic forks
Hope hubs
Mavic front mech
986 canti's on front

22.8 lb

Thanks. The only worrying part was the drilling of the cable stop as i had to do it on the bike :shock: As i couldn't un-screw it. rubbed the paint but covered with a new Tintin sticker :)
To hold the cable in place i went to a electrical shop and bought a meter of a type of cable guide and used the bottle bolts to hold them in place. For perhaps a better look i could have used 'armor'cable guides but couldn't find them. Will use Mags on all my bikes. At least on the back. My work Trimble has them on the front. Now one finger braking :cool: Now just like the rest of London traffic :shock: :LOL:

was there a u brake on that before the hydrostop?

Looks like its mounted upside down.
If so a great way of having a u brake frame and brakes too :LOL:

nice job Tony - just needs some proper tyres now IMO!

I like the double chainset look :cool:

speedplay":28ozectw said:
was there a u brake on that before the hydrostop?

Looks like its mounted upside down.
If so a great way of having a u brake frame and brakes too :LOL:

Thanks
Yep an XT-U brake, :( had to file the gap were the boss goes other wise no problem. If i'd wanted to keep it to the age of the frame then hunted down early 90's Mag's As it was common for owners to do that. I did it BITD with my first.

MadCowKev":3p42rvav said:
nice job Tony - just needs some proper tyres now IMO!

I like the double chainset look :cool:

Thanks Kev. Working on the 'proper' tyres 1.9's Conti's :D
Living in the South doesn't warrant a granny now if peaks..... :LOL:

Much better

Hey Tony, i had a spin on your fabulous TRIMBLE up derbyshire other week.. The MAGURA will improve it 110% Good stuff :D Nice bike by the way...

Thanks fellow retro'ers. I'm pleased as i did it all may self. Mag's are really easy to fit. Do i re-move my purple front and replace with Mag's??

As this will be my main off roader i can see a re-spray will be due before next summer. Then suggestions on colour scheme patterns advice fun from you all :D (depending on if i have any spare ££ for what could be a costly project)

Back