Klein Attitude Team USA 1991 - FINISHED

jmazpiazu

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,

Well, this is my first `serious´ post here at retrobike. A couple of months ago I found a 1991 Klein Attitude Team USA in quite a nice shape. This was my dream bike back in the nineties when I could `only´ afford a beautiful Cannondale SM 1000, and twenty years later I finally got this iconic bike.

I intend to ride the bike as it came from the seller, and on the long term will add some period correct parts and maybe send the frame to jonrock for a nice touch up, although the painting still remains in very good condition. Recently I managed to get a pair of Ritchey Logic cantis (thanks azaro), some matching levers (thanks Major22) and a pair of XT NOS pedals (thanks dbmtb).

The bike came with a 300 mm. long seatpost, so as to avoid seatpost tube cracking problems, I´m on the market for a 425 mm. Syncros. In case I do not find it, any other period correct suitable long seatpost that you can recommend? Regarding the rims, how about changing the actual Mavic MX317 with some Araya RM 20 or Campagnolo rims? I find Campys very cool but I´m afraid the Arayas will tolerate better my, let’s call it, middle age overweight. :oops:

Now some quick shots of the bike.

k97tbn.jpg

2hre9eb.jpg

2dbko6s.jpg

2cyqg5z.jpg

2ik86s3.jpg

Great looking bike, always fancied one of those myself ( along with lots of other bikes !)

It looks in great condition also,just maybe a set of Amberwalls ?

theredchili":ez28irxu said:
Great looking bike, always fancied one of those myself ( along with lots of other bikes !)

It looks in great condition also,just maybe a set of Amberwalls ?

Yes :cool: Trying to get a pair os Smokes myself. And a turbo saddle, and some ODI grips to complete her.

thesneaker":9pux2064 said:
jmazpiazu":9pux2064 said:
Yes :cool: Trying to get a pair os Smokes myself. And a turbo saddle, and some ODI grips to complete her.

The perfect saddle is here -

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162926

nice bike btw :cool:

I saw your ad a couple of days ago. Nice seat, indeed. :cool:
Unfortunately, I´m looking for the plain black model, with white logos, without that little color flag.
Thanks anyway.

Back