Raleigh Summit, Rock Shox Mag 10 Fork need repair or replace

summitrider

Dirt Disciple
I have a Raleigh Summit, but the original Rock Shox Mag 10's are in need of some help, they have lost pressure, leaks and the brace has cracked near the bottom bolts.

So all in all probably not really much I can do, as they are now so old.

Is there any newer Rock Shox's that I can get to replace them? I have brought a front Avid Juicy 7 disc brake set, so the new one would need a disc caliper mount.

I have a 92' Summit with Rock Shox, please post a pic.

The Mags on my Diablo went a similar way, I replaced them with Rock Shox Quadras brought on this site. The biggest problem I had was finding a very long threaded steerer.

Good luck,

Just finished renovating mine ,

b8666407.jpg

82d277e5.jpg

just needs a good polish now :D

Re: Raleigh Summit, Rock Shox Mag 10 Fork need repair or rep

summitrider":28qasrcf said:
I have a Raleigh Summit, but the original Rock Shox Mag 10's are in need of some help, they have lost pressure, leaks and the brace has cracked near the bottom bolts.

So all in all probably not really much I can do, as they are now so old.

Is there any newer Rock Shox's that I can get to replace them? I have brought a front Avid Juicy 7 disc brake set, so the new one would need a disc caliper mount.

How about these , just put your old cantis on them
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=163460

ohh nice restoration, looks good, did you get new stickers/decals for it, if so, where did you get them from?

that is the size summit my dad has got, and my size is the one that is in your avatar.

those Judy's look good, but I have got a set of cheapo forks on the bike at the mo, they need replacing desperately, and they have disc mounts, so I preferably want disc mount ones.

I was also going to ask, what's the best way to polish the frame, as mine is in need of some sorting out.

I will give it a wash, and get a picture up on here of it.

summitrider":20j5a7zk said:
ohh nice restoration, looks good, did you get new stickers/decals for it, if so, where did you get them from?

that is the size summit my dad has got, and my size is the one that is in your avatar.

those Judy's look good, but I have got a set of cheapo forks on the bike at the mo, they need replacing desperately, and they have disc mounts, so I preferably want disc mount ones.

I was also going to ask, what's the best way to polish the frame, as mine is in need of some sorting out.

I will give it a wash, and get a picture up on here of it.

Theres a couple of chaps on here who do the stickers. Mines a 21" if I remember rightly
Give it a good wash and I used t-cut and metalic polish on it , the aluminium is done with a good metal polish

have you still got the old rock shoxs ? if so dont discard them thay may be useful for spares for mine if you want to put a pic up of them

yes, I do still have them, I will get a pic and you can see.

I am guessing the seals have gone, and my dad has a pump, but he isn't that easy to get to for a few psi, when needed.

Sorry if that sounded wrong about keep hold for spares , :oops:
I can try to get hold via email to the fella who did my decals see if he has any to sell

don't worry, I would prefer to sell them to someone who can use them for spares, or repair, other than dump them.

Cool, please let me know if you hear anything back from the guy.

Back