Dynatech Torus

6950rpm

Dirt Disciple
Raleigh Dynatech Torus FS (FS denoting this was a frameset rather than a complete bike)

DSC01103.jpg

Bought this as Frame and Forks back in 93 / 94 (I think) and added XTR Rear mech, cranks, brakes and shifters, XT front mech,

Hope hubs and a Flite saddle. Replaced pretty much all the steel bolts with either titanium or alloy ones. Not ridden it in 2 years and took it out for a spin recently and after a bit of air in the tyres everything was just spot on - I put that down to the Goretex gear cables I used.

( Moved the Odyssey to its own thread http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=98446 )

- Tim

Beautiful, especially love the Torus with its compiment of X-lite stuff - looks very factory!

Torus lovely......remember seeing the Raleigh leaflet for it really wanting one. Love the forks :cool:

The roadie is cool for a budget bike, looks expensive :D

dainesefreak":3u9kfrlm said:
Nice to see another Torus. :cool:

Given they're such a nice rig, they are supprisingly rare.
Its a shame, I'd like to see more, but I guess it help them retain some exclusivity.

Time to post up some gratuitous retrobike pr0n

XT front mech with ti bolts, XTR canks, Pace chainrings with ti bolts

DSC01300.jpg

XTR rear mech, ti hanger bolt (I did replace the jocky wheels with anodized aluminium ones with sealed bearings but swapped back due to noise and the fact that the XTR mech comes with a sealed bearing)

DSC01301.jpg

Mavic 230 rims on Hope hubs. Mavic QR steel skewers - incredibly light for steel (about 135g from memory)

DSC01302.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

DSC01304.jpg

Ally bottlecage ti and bolts. Replaced the original M737 SPDs I had on there with some newer far lighter ones

DSC01305.jpg

Trimnell fork with ti bolts and brake booster. Wilderness Trail Bikes ti handlebar with 3o sweep, XTR cantis with ti bolts

DSC01306.jpg

X-Lite MMC seat pin. Originally had a USE alloy one but had probs with it so replaced it. Prefer the layback with the X-Lite one too

DSC01308.jpg

Nice, good to see that it's used too. I'm considering buying a winter bike now as mine's so mint I want to keep it looking that way. Winter bike wasn't in the budget though so it could be wife + winter bike = :twisted:

;)

Back