My first upload. 1996 Claud Butler Enduro

titch__16

Retro Guru
This is my first 'retro' MTB, bought it last week and don't know much about it.
If anyone can tell me a year, i would appreciate it :roll:

Photo0040.jpg

Photo0041.jpg

Photo0042.jpg

Photo0043.jpg

It has a Reynolds Chrome-Moly frame, Shimano altus Crank, Front mech, Rear derailleur, Brakes and front hub. Gripshift shifters, 18 speed and I fitted a brand new Deore chain. Kalin Stem, Bars and seat post.
I've ordered a set of Kalin Bar ends and plan to get the original back wheel with the altus hub and rigida rim. The saddle is a Selle Royal MTB Sport.

After spending 4 and a half hours last night cleaning it, I decided this was the perfect opportunity to post some pics.

Also has stickers on the chainstays saying 'Tioga equipt'. But has no tioga on and I'm unable to find specs online. I want to get it back to original specs so any info would be great

That's because the place where they are now doesn't allow proper hotlinking.

You could upload them to some known imagehosting site.
If that's a problem, I can see the pics with some html trickery, so I can download them and host them on my own domain.

Afraid not.

Is that a 15-speed? If so, it looks like mid to late 80s to me.
But I'm really no expert, and especially not when it comes to these bikes.

Claud Butlers are produced by Falcon Cycles since 1987. If you're lucky, they'll be able to provide info based on the frame's serial number.
Mailing them would be my first idea.

Here's their site. There's a contact link at the very bottom of the page.

I already know of the history with Falcon, but I can't find a frame number. The BB has nothing. Where else could it be?

Back