Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:46 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:38 am 
Old School Hero

I was going to bid on that too, but it was too big!
That is a '97 I believe w/ the Turner rear and 1 1/8" headtube. I would stash the Judy somewhere and run a Fox fork on the front if I were you!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:09 am 
98+ BoTM | BoTM | Gold | Rider

kingroon wrote:
..that shock'll probably need a service..

Err..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:34 pm 

grd wrote:
..Don't take these as negatives, just lessons learnt, as it's still one of my 2 favourite Fats, and the one that gets ridden the most, the other is my Ti. :lol:

Thanks for the intel mate 8) I was thinking about having some slotted cable guides put on the seat stay, as that length of cable is gunne be ugly.. It's hitting the Spray Shop anyways so might have the work done then..

Fattyboombatty wrote:
..That is a '97 I believe w/ the Turner rear and 1 1/8" headtube. I would stash the Judy somewhere and run a Fox fork on the front if I were you!

Yep, 1 1/8 :twisted: Which opens up the fork selection for sure.. Opting for [Grafton] Cantis tho so need to sort something compatible..

I'm guessing the news that I'm sending it off to get sprayed may cause some controversy, but it is going Black.. And if anyone is to blame it's JonRock for this photo on his 'site :wink: :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:00 pm 
Old School Hero

That sapphire fade is awesome! Don't respray it! At least not just boring black....cantis? If you are respraying, you should just have disc tabs welded on the rear while you are at it!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:22 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Fattyboombatty wrote:
That sapphire fade is awesome! Don't respray it! At least not just boring black....cantis? If you are respraying, you should just have disc tabs welded on the rear while you are at it!!!

I much prefer the original paint too however, I'm just a bystander. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:40 am 

Fattyboombatty wrote:
That sapphire fade is awesome!

I never liked it Dude, IF rolled the colourway into their '99 range and it never looked good to me.. Anyways, it's my Rig and if I gotta look at it every day, I need to like it :twisted:

There have been quite a few Black Bikes that have captured my imagination over the years.. 1989 Fisher Paragon, 1989/90 Saracen Trekker Comp, That PACE to name but a few..

..not sure how you can cry Sacrilege about Paint and yet Advocate a Disk Tab RestoMod :?: :!:

Attachments:
File comment: Same Same But Different
99_IF.JPG
99_IF.JPG [ 48.32 KiB | Viewed 1242 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:35 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

I think the sapphire fade looks far nice on the fat than on the independent fabrications.

However as you say its your rig and you are the one that had to look it it and ride it and there is no point having a bike you dont really like the colour of!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:56 pm 
Old School Hero

If you are gonna do black, then why not do a harlequin fade? I have always loved the black/ silver version. That would look sick on a Shocka!
As for the brakes... that is a late model Shocka with modern head tube. Why would you limit the fork selection with canti brakes? I picture cantis going on the amp style Billies only. Just my humble opinion.
Enjoy the awesome bike...btw you would have had some serious competition on Ebay had that been my size ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:59 am 

This really is a Slow Burner.. Just picked up some forks, for which I paid slightly more than I have bargained for.. But hey..

Some NOS 2000 RS SIDs.. Black crown will go nicely with the Black Betty Colourway.. Have some spare SID Lowers too that will go off to match the Frame :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:03 am 

Fattyboombatty wrote:
If you are gonna do black, then why not do a harlequin fade? I have always loved the black/ silver version. That would look sick on a Shocka!

I hear ya.. That's a good shout.. I might have a chat with Argos, see how much it works out to be 8)

Fattyboombatty wrote:
As for the brakes... that is a late model Shocka with modern head tube. Why would you limit the fork selection with canti brakes? I picture cantis going on the amp style Billies only. Just my humble opinion.

I do totally agree with you on this one.. It's gunna get M950 Vs, in fact a complete M950 Drivetrain except for a nice set of Syncros Revolution Cranks :twisted: The Cranks will be partnered with a Syncros Post & Cattlehead Stem :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next