1996 FAT CHANCE Shock-A-Billy #SBML045 :: Finito

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Dammit.. It seems the '93 Billy is gonna get a Stable Mate..

I'm flying to Boston, MA for the Long Weekend and just happen to be able to pick up an Ebay Purchase at the same time :cool: From the photos, the paint looks to be in pretty good shape; I have a rebuild kit for the Judy; that shock'll probably need a service..

Stock XT 737? White Porcs?

6076054960_e5266f14af_d.jpg
6076054956_e7cf250702_d.jpg

6076054972_37b16d366a_d.jpg
6076054962_246f824f07_d.jpg

6076054974_af5f6f0c81_d.jpg
6076054968_f7606d02f9_d.jpg

Shock

Loving that blue!
They just never seem to pop up in the west country! :LOL:
Nice find!

TC

you've got that bug bad...i like it :LOL:

sweet deal that you can collect an overseas purchase as well...

i did consider that one myself, but alas it was a 1/2 size to big for me... :cry:

I've got one of each as well. Very different rides but I'm sure you won't be disappointed. :D

Nice!

I'd build it up with grey XTR m95~ mechs and v-brakes and grey XTR/DA housing (or the Avid braided housing), black stem and post (tempting to do a Thomson set, but it wouldn't quite match the era. Syncros and an ATAC would be sweet), black Flite, silver Hyperlite and Raceface Turbines and keep the silver King, XT thumbies, blacked out wheelset and blackwalls (but silver hub/spokes could work--I just think black'd look rad).

....but that's just me...and can you tell I was watching that auction thinking about the build?? ;)

I've just swapped my 950 rear mech for a 900 one as I was getting a lot of ghost changing due to the length of the rear mech outer cable needed. It goes from just in front of the seat tube, all the way down the seat stay in guides, to the rear mech. The 900 has a stronger spring, so I'm hoping it will cure the problem.
If you opt for v's get a brake brace as you get a lot of flex without one.

Don't take these as negatives, just lessons learnt, as it's still one of my 2 favourite Fats, and the one that gets ridden the most, the other is my Ti. :LOL:

Back