Newbie with Orange Vit T **Pics Added**

S1RS

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to this site and am after some info & help on my early nineties Orange.

I bought it in about '95 but was never sure exactly what model it was. I assume it's a Vitamin T but would need it confirmed. The frame is covered in a matt grey, underneath that it's dull metal coloured, in places it's been rubbed off leaving the metal open to the atmos which hasn't corroded it at all, hence me thinking its Ti.

I did build it using POS bars stem and forks but would like to do a decent build on it now I've dragged it out of the spare room where it's been languishing for the past 10 years or so.

I would like some suggestions as to what forks should be fitted. I would rather go for rigid as I would like to build it as light as possible. Would it of had a A-headset, or normal headset with clamp on stem, or full on quill type stem?

I'm not too bothered about originality so what forks, bars stem etc should I look at sourcing?

The wheels are Fir rims with shimano & something else hubs. The seatpost is defo Ti but will require a shim to fit the frame.

Many thanks!

I tried to add photo's but am unable to until I've reached 5 posts.

Edit. Pics added.

DSC02160.jpg

DSC02161.jpg

DSC02162.jpg

DSC02163.jpg

DSC02164.jpg

DSC02165.jpg

DSC02166.jpg

welcome to the site! The Vit T was mainly available in a media blasted finish so yours would be unusual if it was painted. The best bet is to get a photo up or save one into the gallery on this place so that we can confirm.

the use of Fir rims was an Orange favourite as to was the use of USE posts (which is what I assume yours is from the description you give).

They always look good with Orange made forks but my preference is for Pace - rigid ones like the RC30s or bouncy ones like the RC35. Pace did a very nice brushed nickel version of the RC30 which looks really nice with a ti frame. If yours is Ti then maybe have the paint stripped and the frame brushed or blasted. Any industrial site will have a metal finisher who can doe the finishing.

Go and answer or post in a few more threads and get that score to 5 and then post them photos!

S1RS":30lg7pfx said:
orange71":30lg7pfx said:
try sticking a magnet to it

Lol, good call!

Just tried it with the magent from a car speaker, and guess what? It doesn't attract to the frame so pretty sure its a Ti. I can post pics now so here goes!

edit - No i can't yet. Will add them to the first post.

Back