Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:32 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:28 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Eddie_The_Head wrote:
Yeah maybe but don't think i would wanna live anywhere else than in England kind of patriotic and im not sure about living in a country that has spiders bigger than me :shock: :lol: but would not mind a lil old holiday out there....... :P
speedplay wrote:
Eddie_The_Head wrote:
Wish i was there too help you out and get it done

Sod the sts, bet the weathers a bit warmer in oz than sunny uk!!!

Its 37C today, is that warm enough for you? We have an occasional heat wave where it gets into the 40's, I've played cricket when its 47 a few times...

To be honest, its often too hot for mtbing in summer. As far as racing goes (except for 12hr night stuff), racing is strictly a winter thing, safer with bush fires and snakes too. Doesn't rain much here so its usually a case of clear blue skies and ~15-22C temps in winter for racing :-).

The big arse Funnel Web spiders are only on the east coast fortunately. We just have big arse King Brown snakes and 6m Great Whites to contend with (luckily the 2nd doesn't affect mountain biking too much).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:55 pm 
Retro Guru

"Its 37C today, is that warm enough for you? We have an occasional heat wave where it gets into the 40's, I've played cricket when its 47 a few times... "

Yeah, sounds like real hell.... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:11 am 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

I just love the rain and the cold and the mud and the odd wandering cow that you might hit if you don't look where you are going...... :roll: Who needs the sun.... :shock: "MOTHER WHERES MY STRAIGHT JACKET" :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:49 am 
Dirt Disciple

WOW!!!! now that is a serious LOBO very,very sexy almost as sexy as me Ha ha :wink: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:56 am 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

Hey ASh whats the score on the STS how much more left too do really looking forward too seeing it give us a shout mate all the best The Edster :twisted: :wink: .
ashes_mtb wrote:
Eddie_The_Head wrote:
Hows that STS of yours coming on Ash can't wait too see it let us know looking forward too the finished beast :twisted:

Hey Eddie,

Things are coming along pretty well with the STS now. Have got the horst link sorted and am getting a new rear spring made (current one is too soft for off road, about 50% sag...).

Was paranoid about using the NOS sticker set and having them wrecked so I bought a 2nd set on Ebay :-)

Last components should arrive mid-week, along with a work stand, so should be fully built by the end on next weekend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:03 am 
Retro Guru

eddie... have you seen the sts I posted in the ebay section......?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:41 am 
Devout Dirtbag

Eddie_The_Head wrote:
Hey ASh whats the score on the STS how much more left too do really looking forward too seeing it give us a shout mate all the best The Edster :twisted: :wink:

All parts and tools have arrived and it will be finished and photos posted this weekend - I promise!!

Current shock is too soft for me for serious use so it won't be used in anger till an air shock I bought from the US arrives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:21 pm 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

Yeah i did but i think it can stay in the "Father land" for that price wow not a cheap STS at all thanks for the heads up though :lol:
speedplay wrote:
eddie... have you seen the sts I posted in the ebay section......?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:24 pm 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

Thats cool Ash you know you have got a mini fan club waiting too see this beast come out and play :lol: :lol: .
ashes_mtb wrote:
Eddie_The_Head wrote:
Hey ASh whats the score on the STS how much more left too do really looking forward too seeing it give us a shout mate all the best The Edster :twisted: :wink:

All parts and tools have arrived and it will be finished and photos posted this weekend - I promise!!

Current shock is too soft for me for serious use so it won't be used in anger till an air shock I bought from the US arrives.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9