Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:18 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:49 pm 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:34 pm
Posts: 12314
Location: Branston, Lincoln
Eddie_The_Head wrote:
love what you did with the triple crown forks first time i have seen that


Thanks for the comments 8)
Its been like for a few years, so its time for a change. Its currently making its way back to my old sponsor Pauls Cycles, Dereham for minor surgery, to take on a more XC look (single crown forks, straight bars etc). I'm really into my XC riding at the mo, hence the recent addition of the Avalanche to my shed :D , but I still love my RTS so want to keep riding it as well. Triple clamps are a bit of an overkill for constant XC.
I'll post some pics when it comes back, update my gallery and readers bikes thread.
My parents have just been up to collect it because they live 10mins from Pauls Cycles, so I've entrusted them to sort it for me.........could be interesting!!! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:53 pm 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:34 pm
Posts: 12314
Location: Branston, Lincoln
speedplay wrote:
my rts1 is going on ebay shortly, will be interested in what it goes for...


That is a sweet bike, I looked at it on readers bikes.
I love how you've kinda got the original look back. That is what I'm going for (see note above).
Be useful to know what you achieve for it on the 'bay; but if I owned it, I'd keep it cus its a beaut' 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:25 pm 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:38 pm
Posts: 176
Location: London
Love that bike why o why o why o why o why i could go on forever...........................would you sell that sexy thang ?? is all i can say it is nearly as sexy as my RTS and thats saying something :wink: I think the late James Brown wrote a song about your bike "Sex machine" and i think he will turn in his grave if you part with that... :cry: :cry:
speedplay wrote:
my rts1 is going on ebay shortly, will be interested in what it goes for...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:37 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:54 pm
Posts: 950
Location: Sunny Northampton
Eddie_The_Head wrote:
Love that bike why o why o why o why o why i could go on forever...........................would you sell that sexy thang ?? is all i can say it is nearly as sexy as my RTS and thats saying something :wink: I think the late James Brown wrote a song about your bike "Sex machine" and i think he will turn in his grave if you part with that... :cry: :cry:
speedplay wrote:
my rts1 is going on ebay shortly, will be interested in what it goes for...




Ive always wanted one....now I've had one!

Time for something else....have just bought a cannondale super v...;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:43 pm 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:38 pm
Posts: 176
Location: London
Strange you and me seem to be going in opposite directions i have come from Cannondale super v's to GT's still got a lush super v 1000FR just adore the super v's got any pics i would love to see it. :D
speedplay wrote:
Eddie_The_Head wrote:
Love that bike why o why o why o why o why i could go on forever...........................would you sell that sexy thang ?? is all i can say it is nearly as sexy as my RTS and thats saying something :wink: I think the late James Brown wrote a song about your bike "Sex machine" and i think he will turn in his grave if you part with that... :cry: :cry:
speedplay wrote:
my rts1 is going on ebay shortly, will be interested in what it goes for...




Ive always wanted one....now I've had one!

Time for something else....have just bought a cannondale super v...;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:46 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:54 pm
Posts: 950
Location: Sunny Northampton
Eddie_The_Head wrote:
Strange you and me seem to be going in opposite directions i have come from Cannondale super v's to GT's still got a lush super v 1000FR just adore the super v's got any pics i would love to see it. :D
speedplay wrote:
Eddie_The_Head wrote:
Love that bike why o why o why o why o why i could go on forever...........................would you sell that sexy thang ?? is all i can say it is nearly as sexy as my RTS and thats saying something :wink: I think the late James Brown wrote a song about your bike "Sex machine" and i think he will turn in his grave if you part with that... :cry: :cry:
speedplay wrote:
my rts1 is going on ebay shortly, will be interested in what it goes for...




Ive always wanted one....now I've had one!

Time for something else....have just bought a cannondale super v...;)



It just arrived today.....watch this space..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:56 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:12 pm
Posts: 3897
Location: The Shire
speedplay wrote:
my rts1 is going on ebay shortly, will be interested in what it goes for...


Wouldn't consider a swap for a rather nice Orange E4 would you?? :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:04 am 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:38 pm
Posts: 176
Location: London
I will be very interested to see what it looks like when you get it back post some pic's soon so i can drool over it but as i said i love it as it is 8)
GTRTS&AVALANCHE wrote:
Eddie_The_Head wrote:
love what you did with the triple crown forks first time i have seen that


Thanks for the comments 8)
Its been like for a few years, so its time for a change. Its currently making its way back to my old sponsor Pauls Cycles, Dereham for minor surgery, to take on a more XC look (single crown forks, straight bars etc). I'm really into my XC riding at the mo, hence the recent addition of the Avalanche to my shed :D , but I still love my RTS so want to keep riding it as well. Triple clamps are a bit of an overkill for constant XC.
I'll post some pics when it comes back, update my gallery and readers bikes thread.
My parents have just been up to collect it because they live 10mins from Pauls Cycles, so I've entrusted them to sort it for me.........could be interesting!!! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:05 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:54 pm
Posts: 950
Location: Sunny Northampton
cherrybomb wrote:
speedplay wrote:
my rts1 is going on ebay shortly, will be interested in what it goes for...


Wouldn't consider a swap for a rather nice Orange E4 would you?? :D


havnt had an alloy orange before.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:48 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:12 pm
Posts: 3897
Location: The Shire
Have a think about it. It's a serious offer. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Factory Jackson, MSNbot Media, Retro junkie, Retro Spud and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group