proflex 756- first outing.

marc two tone

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
proflex 756. 1996.

way back in '97 i owned one of these in more or less new condition as i bought from a friend needing the cash, quick!

oddly enough i put next to no miles on it as i just wanted it but, wasn't really a rider back then. shortly after i sold it for a fraction of it's retail value. who would have they would be desirable later in years ?! yes you are ALL guilty. ;)

thanks to ringo on the forum i was able to purchase a frame only example in rather good nick and, couldn't smile wide enough! a proper build was coming on. now, some bits are period correct and even catalogue correct(mechs) but the girvin cross-link forks are not for me but look good. in the end i settled for some rockshox, most parts though are whatever i could get my hands on and, work! the rear suspension is pretty much rigid. seems a waste but offers some shock reduction and helps if i need to climb suddenly.

i took this out today for a general break-in and to see what i have missed :roll: as there is a new freehub, pedals, chain,cassette, bb the shifting is sweet and minus the usual clicks, knocks and taps you get under foot. the v brakes are powerful too once i took the factory sheen off the blocks.
Once i had re-tightened the headset and adjusted the seat a little this bike can be let loose! see below :cool:

DSCF0057-2.jpg

DSCF0059-2.jpg

DSCF0060-1.jpg

DSCF0061-1.jpg

i live in the 'rhubarb triangle' and have a healthy mix of hills and bridal paths to mess about on.

DSCF0066-1.jpg

DSCF0062-2.jpg

DSCF0067-1.jpg

DSCF0069-1.jpg

DSCF0070-1.jpg

DSCF0071.jpg

i found myself here at some balancing ponds to enjoy a bakewell slice and to take in some information provided on this nature reserve.

DSCF0072-1.jpg

apparently some of these beasties can be found here.

DSCF0073.jpg

DSCF0074-1.jpg

that's it for now. the proflex will see a few outings in the near future.

thanks.

Very nice Marc, love Proflex's myself and must get another some time soon.

Yours looks in fantastic condition, will you be bringing it with you on Sunday?

Great job on this Marc...

It's always really nice to see a frame done justice to.

Especially like the adjuster to adjuster routing to the rear mech. I will be trying this myself on my 856.

proflex

chrisv40":29tdg3n0 said:
Very nice Marc, love Proflex's myself and must get another some time soon.

Yours looks in fantastic condition, will you be bringing it with you on Sunday?

cheers chris. im still tinkering with it on and off. if i m happy by sunday i will bring it. failing that i will bring the team marin '95. see you soon. ;)

Back