1991 GT Tequesta

reglard

Retro Newbie
Found this totally original 1991 GT Tequesta local on e-bay for £40 buy it now. I always liked the look of GTs and been passively looking for one for some time. This even has the original documents that came with the bike from the bike shop I will scan if anyone is interested. Suntour X1/XC groupsets. The only non original part is the saddle. Only managed to ride for a couple of minutes but all in order just a little adjustment required and a good clean. Chap who sold it like so many just had it in the garage for 20 years only using it once in a blue moon. . Not sure what I am going to do with it too many bikes but a clean and fettle over a couple of beers this weekend is in order.

Attachments

• P1000510.JPG
    P1000510.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 2,346
  • P1000512.JPG
    P1000512.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 2,344
  • P1000514.JPG
    P1000514.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 2,343
Muddy

I will be changing the saddle nice if I could find a GT one. Think I might get down to Thetford Forest this weekend and get it muddy old school style.

Grips

Can't wait to get the frame polished up, one of the grips is damaged but will leave it for originality. What’s peoples thoughts on getting rid of plastic chain guard on back of cassette I never really liked them but in the interest of originality which is something I have paid little attention to on my other bikes you should see my Giant Granite or just the frame with lots of LX/XT Deore components and the greatest sin of all butterfly bars.

Re: Grips

reglard":2wcwdkto said:
Can't wait to get the frame polished up, one of the grips is damaged but will leave it for originality. What’s peoples thoughts on getting rid of plastic chain guard on back of cassette I never really liked them but in the interest of originality which is something I have paid little attention to on my other bikes you should see my Giant Granite or just the frame with lots of LX/XT Deore components and the greatest sin of all butterfly bars.

take the plastic off... it looks naff !! :)

nice bike at a bargain price tho..

Back