Like buses, 3 come along at once - Slingshot (roadie!)

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Mainly 'cos Jez was curious, but just in case some of you haven't seen one before, here's my Slingshot roadie.

Built up slowly over the past couple of years to get here-not perfect yet, still want a few more bits to really get it spot on.
Was aiming for a mountain bike oriented build, hence the nukeproof, salsa, rock shox, cooks and compact frame but I also wanted campag as none of my bikes have shimano (although the hubs meant shimano splined cassette :? ) .

Rides so smooth and comfortably - great for an achy heap like me.

Specs
Frame: NOS Slingshot Road (small - I'm a shot arse see)
Fork: NOS Rock Shox Paris-Roubaix SL
Headset: King (natch)
Stem: Salsa
Handlebar: Salsa Lapbell + Cinelli Spinaci
Brakes Campag Athena
Brake Levers Campag Athena 8 sped Ergos
Front Derailleur: Campag Chorus
Rear Derailleur: Campag Athena
Cassette: Shimano 7 speed
Cranks: Cooks Road RSR
Bottom Bracket: Zero components
Pedals: Speedplay
Quick Releases: Syncros
Rims: Velocity
Hubs: Nukeproof carbon
Saddle: Flite
Seatpost: American Classic Ti

I'll add some proper photos at the weekend! :)

Attachments

• SNC11065.JPG
    SNC11065.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,943
  • SNC11069.JPG
    SNC11069.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,943
Just realised that this should be in Roadie Wives, not Readers Bikes-sorry!

I hate to admit it, but BITD as well as MTBing I was a roadie :oops:
So, I really appreciate this bike. Looks ideal for the Paris Roubaix!
And, I like the way the emphasis is on HOT in the Slingshot name on the top tube :LOL:

Oh, Jez, I have looked at that Klein of yours so many times and thought 'can I?', even showed it to her indoors who loved the saddle(!) but then mentioned the Roof that needs reslating or the Windows that after 150 years need serious repairs, or the sitting room that need a new sofa, or the fact that I still haven't bought her a present for her birthday back in Feb........ I am still looking though, wouldn't it be nice....

Simple Pete, buy her the Klein :)

Love the Slingshot too, you still on the Science Park? I never see any of your steeds as I saunter past.

Wouldn't dare leave them in the car park with all those Halfords and Townsend specials- my bikes, like me, are snobs and don't like to mix with anything with a 'touch of the council' about them (am I allowed to say that, oh yes, this isn't STW, is it ;) ).

edit: and Jez, shhsh, you are the devil putting temptation in my way, but I am jesus walking though the desert for the next few weeks until all my household chores are done. sneaks off to look at the photos of the klein again....

:LOL: Nothing wrong with a little snobbery.

Having just run the Cycle2Work scheme, our company bike shed looks like a branch of Halfords, fortunately most of my bikes are simply retro versions of common as muck so they fit right in ;)

Back