fatterry

Dirt Disciple
ygal3n.jpg

ygal3p.jpg

Frame Trek 8500 Easton E9 program series tubing
Fork Pace RC35
Headset Shimano threaded STX
Stem Control Tech
Handlebar Race Face ( a bit new but I like bars that don't break/bend)
Grips Bontrager Foam
Brakes Deore XT
Cantilever cable hangers RBP
Brake Levers Shimono Deore
Shifters Deore thumbies
Front Derailleur modern LX (to be changed)
Rear Derailleur Deore XT
Cassette Shimano
Chain Shimano
Cranks Deore XT
Chainrings Shimano
Bottom Bracket UN72
Pedals SPD
Quick Releases Shimano
Rims Matrix single track
Hubs Deore XT
Tyres Bontrager Jones
Saddle Bontrager C30
Seatpost Bontrager Race Lite
Weight

Finally getting around to posting my bike. A 1993 ish Trek 8500 with red blue splash. Originaly had a Tange big fork but like all the others the brake bosses splayed so now has a Pace RC35.

Most parts are from the original era but i'm using a modern LX mech as couldn't find a 34.9 Deore for ages. Just aquired one on Ebay. Anyone know where I can aquire a threaded cable stop to replace the cable clamp bolt? This generation of Treks used a bottom pull mech with the cable clamping on a bolt at the bottom od the seat tube.

Hi there,

That's a 1991 Trek 8500, like the one I had...great frame, but due to major chain suck, mine cracked at the chain stay area, and Trek wouldn't replace it which was a fair one...

Great bike though, had mine right up until last year, and with the Tange Big Fork up front (mark 2 off a mates bike after my brake bosses flayed too :LOL: )

Cheers

Rich

i take it pace forks are popular in the UK... and probably in europe in general??--i like the brakes behind the uppers, tho it must be an awkward for the cable to hook to it??

i owned a few older treks but none were aluminum.

mixed feelings on pace in UK. maybe brand loyalty but their customer service hasnt been great over the years.

did trek do a white 8900? I seem to remeber?

They did a white 8000 same frame as the 8500 but DX kit. The 8900 was a 3 tube carbon with flouro rear end and fork. It may have had Grafton brakes and bullseye hubs.

One of my mate had one . It is one of the worst full sus I have been on .
When riding behind him , you could see the back end move from side to side , the rigidity was so bad .

You are right .
Never saw one on ebay .
One guy on the french forum has got one , but he hasnt got the trek fork .
I think the fork were made by showa for trek .

The top of the range model had carbon fiber front triangle and violet back end .

Back