Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:22 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:09 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 8433
Location: Oh Canada!
i like the look of the Cooks on there, they fit the frame/build. ;)

think you need a wide bb axle, like the m730/5… 122mm. someone who actually owns/used a pair and know will probably chime in soon to validate or discredit my input! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:12 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 8433
Location: Oh Canada!
Rob Atkin wrote:
If that's how far you have the post out are you sure it's long enough to protect the frame?


is this your way of trying to get him to give up the seatpost to you? :lol: ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:07 pm 
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 am
Posts: 4840
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
RockiMtn wrote:
Rob Atkin wrote:
If that's how far you have the post out are you sure it's long enough to protect the frame?


is this your way of trying to get him to give up the seatpost to you? :lol: ;)


I'm quite happy with mine, thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:22 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:36 pm
Posts: 16747
Location: Yorkshire, England
Plnty of seatpost in there, it'll be down past both tubes.

I don't think the frames crack from post problems, the raised seatstay helps that.

Anyways, the only crack one I've seen was around the front seat binder area. A bit of over tightening going on probably.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:24 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:53 pm
Posts: 1632
Location: Dutch Mountains
I'm not a big elevated stay fan, but this one is very lovely!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:54 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 522
Location: Netherlands
FluffyChicken wrote:
Plnty of seatpost in there, it'll be down past both tubes.

I don't think the frames crack from post problems, the raised seatstay helps that.

Anyways, the only crack one I've seen was around the front seat binder area. A bit of over tightening going on probably.


Right :D The seatpost is past the the toptube weld and my thinking was also 'the reaised seatstay helps that'. I'm not worried for cracking 'cause the seatpost wouldn't be long enough... The only thing I'm worried about is the seat binder.... as you -Mr. Chicken (or is it Fluffy ? :wink: )- said...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:01 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 522
Location: Netherlands
Rob Atkin wrote:
If that's how far you have the post out are you sure it's long enough to protect the frame?

Are those tyres staying? It would seem a shame to spend that much on a seatpost/cranks etc and then have modern tyres on.


The tires stay in there as long as I can't find (or want to spend money on) some Panaracer Smokes....

....and...ehm.... I didn't spend any money on the cranks... they came with the buy... 175 Euro for the frame with these things on... and some new Magura HS brakes... and PullStar-wheels.. and a non-matching 120mm suspension fork... and other weird stuff on the sale...

I thaught about getting a Syncros fork, but.... this build shouldn't soke up that much money... My challange this time is to NOT make it completely period correct... :? .... 8).... and it's damn difficult I percieve right now... always tempting to do it right... but I'm not going to...( :oops: )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:04 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 522
Location: Netherlands
Jamis Diablo wrote:
I'm not a big elevated stay fan, but this one is very lovely!


Thanks.... next time I bring it to a (Dutch) retro ride... last Sunday wasn't an option timewise... The location was fine.... Any pictures already ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:04 am 
PoTM Winner / retrobike rider
PoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 2102
Location: Best part of Holland
mvd1974 wrote:
Jamis Diablo wrote:
I'm not a big elevated stay fan, but this one is very lovely!


Thanks.... next time I bring it to a (Dutch) retro ride... last Sunday wasn't an option timewise... The location was fine.... Any pictures already ?


build is looking great!

pictures of the retro ride:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=183689


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:04 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 8433
Location: Oh Canada!
mvd1974 wrote:
I thaught about getting a Syncros fork, but.... this build shouldn't soke up that much money... My challange this time is to NOT make it completely period correct... :? .... 8).... and it's damn difficult I percieve right now... always tempting to do it right... but I'm not going to...( :oops: )


your seatpost purchase sorta contradicts that comment about "shouldn't soke up that much money..." :lol:

about those forks… not a fan of the colours on it. Looks out of place with the rest of the build to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: generallee, groovyblueshed, grumpyseba, Jamis Diablo, retrobikeguy and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group