1995 Merlin

Californian hippie

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi everybody

Just finished bulding my new bike plenty of 3DV with a bit of ti thrown in for luck. Just about to take it out for its maiden flight. Thought I'd throw it on the hammers before I go. Wow a very respectable 16.14lb. Not ready to post any pics yet still having nightmares about the last one.

Bazza

Attachments

• Merlin 010.JPG
    Merlin 010.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 2,625
You tease :) .Face your fear and get more pics up fella ;)

I'm very interested to see the build and how you got it so light. Some very nice bits in the one pic so far.....

Well the maiden flight was a great success. This has definitely got to be the best bike I have owned to date and I have owned a few nice bikes. I ccertainly did not forget to put the wheels on and I had no intention of putting gears on. That answers two of your questions. Here's another little pic, its definitely not the finished build. There's a few parts that wont be staying, tthere are some new parts on the way and there is also some parts missing i.e. front brake haven't decided what to do yet

Bazza

Attachments

• purple 002.JPG
    purple 002.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 2,456
Very nice

My Merlin Mountain SS (also with RC31s) is at 19lb without too much trying, so I bet yours flies!

Removed my tensioner yesteday replaced the steel bolt with a nice SRP aluminium one and changed a cheap wobbly plastic pulley with a nice sealed bearing bullseye one

Attachments

• sell 009.JPG
    sell 009.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 2,137
Lovely

Lovely, just embarking on ss project myself. Won't be anywhere near that weight though!

Nice seat post too ;)

Back