(ALMOST) NOS 1993 TREK 8000

34henry3w

Retro Guru
Hey everyone,

I figured the trek fans out there would enjoy this. My dad bought it new in 1994 to go mountain biking with us. After one ride he declared "it is like pedaling a motorcycle" ...He has since bought a dirt bike..

So in the basement it has sat since then..100% original...we aren't really sure what to do with it!

Attachments

• photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 3,706
  • photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 3,707
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 3,705
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    51 KB · Views: 3,707
Re: NOS 1993 TREK 8000

34henry3w":3utyu3rt said:
Hey everyone,

I figured the trek fans out there would enjoy this. My dad bought it new in 1994 to go mountain biking with us. After one ride he declared "it is like pedaling a motorcycle" ...He has since bought a dirt bike..

So in the basement it has sat since then..100% original...we aren't really sure what to do with it!

ride it!
:LOL:

Fair enough, it is not NOS. It had been ridden once in 1994, and again by me a month ago after a quick clean up. It had less than 25 km on it as of yesterday. It is a shame I guess.

I just took it for a ride round the block and I get what my dad meant..it feels "dead"..SOO rigid

I think this may be in order..(web pic) what do you guys think?

Attachments

• p1050832.jpg
    p1050832.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 3,607
that would certainly make it less rigid. would be a shame to take away the originality though but some things are necessary to make things rideable

I bought the exact bike new in 1993, and just picked up another on ebay (started a thread about it last week). It's getting delivered today. If your bike was my size I would give you a very generous offer. I can see it's way too big though. The Mag 21 is a good mod. Plenty of those bikes were upgraded with one.

I have the same bike and ride it all the time. I use it to commute to work (14 miles each way a part of which is dirt trail). There are no really rough spots in the route to work so it works out great for me.

p.s. I bought the bike new for a trip to New Zealand so it has been around quite a bit.

Back