Stumpjumper in metallic purple from 1992

stoppi_71

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello!

I've bought this beauty last week and thought, that I'll get a simple black frame from 1991.

But standing in the sunshine I was surprised about the beautiful metallic effect. The colour is (for me) a mixture of brown, purple and black (if it's dark ;) ).

Just changed some of the origininal parts, the scratched seatpost, the thumbies (I prefer much more the STI's), the redwall tires and of course the red grips and the barends... :twisted:

So enough words, here are the pictures:

Attachments

• Stumpjumper_92_18.jpg
    Stumpjumper_92_18.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 2,557
  • Stumpjumper_92_19.jpg
    Stumpjumper_92_19.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 2,554
  • Stumpjumper_92_20.jpg
    Stumpjumper_92_20.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 2,552
Archangel":85oy6zau said:
Nice but it would look better with a slimmer stem like Specialized Team or equivalent.

Agreed.

And which I happen to have if you wanted...

(along with the Team bars, grey Pro-Long saddle, Dirt Rodz bar ends...)

BB

Thank's for your answers.

The stem is already replaced by a simple and black model. I've just tried to use my syncros at last but maybe it suits the next bike better ;)

Stunning!

Now I know what mine could look like....

In fact I had thoughts of a respray but Never followed through as I felt the metallic effects are not easily reporoduced, or are they?

Enjoy!!

Nice build. I just picked up a similar frameset. Still trying to determine exact vintage. Just in case there are any experts out there the serial number is MOA 19278. The former owner spray painted over the tubing decals. So, I can't use that to determine exact model.

After I finish. I can only hope it turns out half as good as yours.

Thank's for your compliments, but I haven't done a lot. Just bought it (for less than 100€ :shock: ) and changed the stem, the shifters, the tires and the barends, that's it.

It's a very classic bike and I suggest that nearly everyone had some encounters with it in the past.

The next project (Cannondale M2000) has to be finished, so best wishes from austria, Christoph

So, lust update. I've changed the seatpost (no offset), the stem (standard model like the original ones from specialized) and the saddle (red flite kevlar). Now riding it makes a lot of fun and my back doesn't hurt ;)

Best wishes from austria, stoppi :)

Attachments

• Stumpjumper_92_24.jpg
    Stumpjumper_92_24.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 2,182
Back