My C16r downhill rig!!??

clockworkDH

Dirt Disciple
Used to race DH on this one back in '96 > 98, stood up well but then UK DH courses were a bit tamer in those days!

Would love to build it back to it's O.G spec at some point, but then it does have some sentimentality about it as is.

Take it easy.....

Steve

DSC00021.jpg

After some Manitou Magnums/4's to put back on it, pref 1" threaded steerer, may swop the DH4's!!??

orange71":e6u97q0d said:
I like the DH4's

Me too, just used to run the Manitou's and preferred the engineered look of them, shall have to scan in some pics of how it used to look, beige magic tyres and all (cost about 6 months paper round money and worn out within 2 paper rounds) - sweet!

That's a sweet ride (and the C16 ain't bad either!) :cool:

I used to race downhill on a Zaskar LE with USE Forks. (anyone remember them?).

One broken collar bone and several ribs later I decided to call it a day and stick to XC. :D

Bikes ok, but what i really like is the bug.

Having a '67 Karmann Cabrio (2.1 twin IDA) and a '59 Split (westfalia with more subtle 30hp 1200) I appreciate the style.

cherrybomb":292apufs said:
One broken collar bone and several ribs later I decided to call it a day and stick to XC. :D

I know that feeling! I used to jump all over the place until a set of doubles decided to break my shoulder and collar bone, so I just stick with XC now :cry: :cry:

clockworkDH, I like your rig, and I'm lovin that someone else has a DCD still on their bike. Obviously, you dont mind the 'vvvzzzzz' sound when your riding! :LOL:

Back