1995 DBR Axis Team Titanium -> new pic on page 11

Konsta

Retro Guru
After finishing the 1994 Zaskar, I decided I wanted to build something as nice for myself too! Luckily I found this. Bought the frame for a reasonable price from the original owner. Very nicely made in my opinion. It's an 18". Quite light too, 1 535 grams according to my kitchen scale. I think it's going to be mainly XTR 950's. A kind of half weight weenie build. I'll keep it quite rough though, not gonna polish the frame or anything. Also some of the parts I have collected for this are quite beaten up so that seems the way to go.

Some pics.
255ncll.jpg

24gopso.jpg

Those dropouts are very nice.
29qfles.jpg

That is a lovely looking frame :cool:

Wouldn't mind a bit if Ti myself but all the frames i've seen go for big £££'s :cry:

Look forward to seeing this built. :D

Yeah, I have a good feeling about this build. Here's some stuff I already have:

Grey 36 hole Mavic X517's, NOS. And they were cheap!
28tgcv6.jpg

Syntace F99 stem, 75 mm, strange chrome version. With ti bolts naturally. I'm gonna ti bolt everyhing I possibly can.
2rvy0p4.jpg

And some more stuff.

A bit battered Flite and an ugly ControlTech seatpost. But it's light!
246tnyo.jpg

XC700, leaking a bit. This thing is heavier than the frame, 1 635 grams. Looks good, but I'd actually like to find a Pace RC31 or similar.
2u4opsg.jpg

XT cranks and BB. Too long. If I find something nicer in 170 mm, these things go.
dvj66h.jpg

Levers. It's gonna be 1x9.
2r557yo.jpg

Brakes x 2. Have to get ti bolts for these...
2z89non.jpg

And the RD.
1zwiwzo.jpg

The proper cranks have arrived along with the BB. They're 170 mm! So I'm afraid the bike's gonna be very XTR oriented.

2a4shtf.jpg

Konsta":11r3o2lt said:
I'm afraid the bike's gonna be very XTR orientated

There are worse things can happen to a bike :) Cranks are a big improvement I think, looking forward to seeing the rest!

Latest posts

Back