Tubes:

Saddle: Flite ti
Seatpost: DX
Seatpost Binder:

Attachments

• fromagenated.jpg
    fromagenated.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 6,164
After the dissapointment of the rather flat riding Avalanche, I was in a bit of a grump. The Zaskar looked ghetto and is under geared for commuting, the 93 Zaskar has a worn BB so this came along at just the right time.

I'd had the smaller versions of this frame before and the later blue and white ones - they rode fantastic but were just too small at 17". This is just about perfect with a longer stem and decent post. I just been out on a 25 mile run in just to see if anything fell off.

It was brilliaaaant!

fastshow-brilliant.jpg

Nothing needed adjusting, nothing was worn out, just a quick safety check, change of stem and post and we we're off. Those big Ritchey tyres were perfect on the dried out gates route and even with a fair headwind, the ride was easier than I remembered cheaper Saracens to be.

Anyway, all is good, a couple of fiddly bits to do and its the commuter for now, or maybe for Sunday best, or the Gates ride...

Or the Peaks ride

Or just to gawp at in the garage...

That's a nice catch, I'm wondering if I should start paying visits to my local tips. Do they contact you if anything comes in?

sorry did i read right this was at a tip ???? how could anyone bin it i know its not the best but it looks great .. going to try and find a bargain at our local tip but i dont think we allowed to take stuff from there

Said it in another thread but that is absolutely awesome. A bike to be proud of. Really like it.

So what size is it or did I miss out on that bit? 19"?

Said it in another thread but that is absolutely awesome. A bike to be proud of. Really like it.

So what size is it or did I miss out on that bit? 19"?

I really, really like this! Can't believe someone would throw this away :shock:

Don't think my local tip (council run) would let me take anything :?

Would love something like that as a commuter...... :evil:

I have one of those frames as purchased from 'Bankrupt Surplus' a couple of years ago. Sadly mine was powdercoated black and lacked the decals, otherwise as new condition.

I have mine built up for touring. They are very nice riding bikes and yes, significantly lighter than the ones lower down the range.

That one is in lovely condition and a great find.

Is it a 27.0mm seatpost by the way?

drystonepaul":32vt8dlt said:
I have one of those frames as purchased from 'Bankrupt Surplus' a couple of years ago. Sadly mine was powdercoated black and lacked the decals, otherwise as new condition.

I have mine built up for touring. They are very nice riding bikes and yes, significantly lighter than the ones lower down the range.

That one is in lovely condition and a great find.

Is it a 27.0mm seatpost by the way?

26.8mm, a snug steel one at that.

That is a sweet find :shock:

Cannot believe that was dumped.

How do you do it LFG, do you have some incriminating photos of the chief recycing officer of your council :LOL:

At least that Protrax has gone to a good home.

Back