1988 Cinelli 5 colour fluo stick of rock !

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
Here is my latest project that I managed to cobble together moments before Mayhem last month :shock:

I remember seeing these in magazines back in the day but never in the flesh, the 5 colour fluorescent fade was something very of its time and to me something I liked a lot. So when this appeared on ebay it just have to have it, Fast forward a week of excitement and a box arrives, well a rather rattly ropey looking box which suddenly made my excitement instantly go off the boil. I opened the box to find the bike minus any packaging , 2 loose in box bear trap pedals and 2 wheels either side of frame with the cassette inwards facing for extra damage :evil: After much ebay messaging I managed to get a partial refund. I did ask seller to ensure sufficient packaging would be used :roll:

Anyway here is the bike that I am very fond of even with the new damage, For starters it has a rear U brake :cool: and some of mostly XT spares from my parts box, I did have to shell out for a new Italian threaded BB which did confuse me for a while with the RH threads etc :roll:

I took this to mahem, it rides very well and I was amazed at the love it got ! not just in the retrobike heckling area but I was stopped constantly asking about in the area arena and nice bike heckled from the along the trackside during its racing lap. (maybe they were jesting at the clowns bike :LOL: ) The best stop and ask was someone from STW who wanted pics of it which they posted on their forum which was quite something for one of my bikes :LOL:

Anyway please enjoy the pics and expect to see it out again soon

june2011005.jpg

june2011007.jpg

june2011008.jpg

june2011014.jpg

june2011012.jpg

june2011013.jpg

Mayhem2011057.jpg

Pics from STW :cool:

324613233_669.jpg

SPIKE.jpg

It's not often that I'm driven to comment on anyone's bike but that really is great, makes me smile just looking at it :D :D :D :D

Thanks for your kind comments chaps, It means a lot to me and I am glad its going down so well :D

I have just had this pic emailed to me from a good friend of mine (from a long long time ago) Dan. I bumpted into him on my night lap at Mayhem, I hadnt seen Dan in 20 years , I was powering up the climb out of the arena and saw a photographer packing up :roll: I was dissapointed but when I saw it was Dan I quickly used the cinelli's brakes to maximum effect & eventually stopped, I had a very quick chat with Dan, I was in a rush and after a quick retro this retro that and doesnt time fly I had to make a move, Dan offered a quick snap so I rode down the hill as he set up his camera and stuff, I then used the power of the previous nights BBQ and gave it large up the climb :LOL:

Oh and a link to Dans handy work ;) http://www.danmilner.com/bike.html

MMcinelli.jpg

Back