The current Retro fleet...

ringo

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Below is the current fleet!

These are just the finished or nearly finished ones! :D Poor Tomac... It's the only one without a partner...! :D

P1010565.jpg

P1010564.jpg

P1010566.jpg

P1010567.jpg

P1010568.jpg

P1010569.jpg

P1010570.jpg

P1010571.jpg

P1010572.jpg

P1010573.jpg

P1010574.jpg

P1010575.jpg

P1010576.jpg

P1010577.jpg

I like the selection you have there, Being retro bouncers how do they all compare? Indy v Judy v girvin ? how does the Kona compare to the LTS ? I started to look at the Kona type myself with it being a retro trek ex design :LOL:

Iv'e had a little hand in supply bits for the Tomac...

They are all bloody gorgeous, when it's hard to choose a favorite then you know you have a good fleet.

just out of interest 'which is the lightest and which is the heaviest'?. :)

nice selection of bikes there ringo
are they all "perfect" or constantly evolving ?

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:55 pm Post subject:
I like the selection you have there, Being retro bouncers how do they all compare? Indy v Judy v girvin ? how does the Kona compare to the LTS ? I started to look at the Kona type myself with it being a retro trek ex design

Judy is good, smooth travel with a hint of rebound (mine might be past their best mind...). I prefer the Indy's though - lovely feel.

Girvin is the unknown quantity - haven't had a good ride on it yet... Initial thoughts are it's a little short on travel - but the elastomers seem quite hard... I'm contemplating going softer on both the front and rear.

Kona and LTS. No contest. The LTS is massively good. The Kona is OK, but was a mid range bouncy Kona BITD and it's a slightly unfair comparison to the (earlier) GT.

GT is the best all round bike I've ridden... perhaps I should get an STS...![/quote]

nice selection of bikes there ringo
are they all "perfect" or constantly evolving ?

Constantly evolving... Current necessity is some better shifter/lever units for the Karakoram.

LTS is a bit of a bitsa in some regards... need to make it slightly more period.

The ones not built tend to suck the funds though! :D

Iv'e had a little hand in supply bits for the Tomac...

They are all bloody gorgeous, when it's hard to choose a favorite then you know you have a good fleet.

just out of interest 'which is the lightest and which is the heaviest'?.

Haven't weighed them Nick.. Gut says Tomac (but it needs a few bits) I think it might be lighter than the cindercone! :shock:

Will weigh and post the results up!

i have to agree with your LTS love there
they are such a versitile bike ,and such fun to ride
i only built mine a month or so ago , but i love it
hugely underated bike

Latest posts

Back