1997 Kona Ku

mousemat

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Picked this frame up from Ductape on this forum, he was kind enough to sell it to me and ship from the states. Went for full XTR M95x, some Kona Race Light components and something a little different, a set of Pace RC36 up front!

Frame: Kona Custom Ku 19"

Fork: Pace RC36 Evo

Headset: Race Face Deus sealed bearing
Stem: Control Tech (black but soon to be replaced with a silver one)
Handlebar: Kona Race Light Easton EA-70
Grips: Ritchey WCS Foam lock-on

Brakes: XTR M950 V-Brakes
Brake Pads: XTR M950
Brake Cables: XTR
Brake Levers: XTR M950

Shifters: XTR M950 8 speed rapidfire pods
Front Derailleur: XTR M952
Rear Derailleur: XTR M950 short cage
Derailleur Cables: XTR
Cassette: XTR M950
Chain: Shimano IG
Cranks: XTR M952
Crank Bolts: XTR M952
Chainrings: XTR M952
Chainring bolts: XTR M952
Bottom Bracket: XTR M952
Pedals: Wellgo MG-1 titanium axle

Hub Skewers: XTR M950
Rims: Mavic X517
Hubs: XTR M950
Spokes: Stainless
Tyres: Front Panaracer Dart, Rear Panaracer Smoke (soon to be swapped for a set of Kona Scratch & Sniff)
Tubes: Kenda

Saddle: Kona Race Light titanium railed
Seatpost: Kona Race Light O-Beam
Seatpost Binder: Kona

IMG_4506.jpg

IMG_4507.jpg

IMG_4509.jpg

IMG_4518.jpg

I'm liking it, doing an earlier (95) KU for Mrs LDP at the moment. KUs seem to be rarer than I thought so well worth looking after ;)

LDP":1au45346 said:
I'm liking it, doing an earlier (95) KU for Mrs LDP at the moment. KUs seem to be rarer than I thought so well worth looking after ;)

The Ku is one of the rarer Kona frames, possible only the Score and the elusive For Play are rarer beasts. Is yours near completion, good to see another one getting some love, post some pics!

mousemat":31oqb4gm said:
LDP":31oqb4gm said:

The Ku is one of the rarer Kona frames, possible only the Score and the elusive For Play are rarer beasts. Is yours near completion, good to see another one getting some love, post some pics!

Will do, had to send it for a full Argos refurb as the paint was quite tatty - got the legs on some RC30s colour matched at the same time. I seem to be spending more time and money on this than my own bikes! Can't find a dog collar cable guide anywhere though :cry:

Back