1997 Kona Manomano

Danone

Devout Dirtbag
Here's my dad's Kona Fire Manomano, he was 34 when he bought it and just got into mountain biking. My friends at school thought he was really cool for riding it! :)

Cycology (now known as Berkshire Cycles) swapped the original Rock Shox Indy XCs for Marzocchi Bomber Z1s, since then we noticed Kona themselves using Marzocchi forks on most of their XC/DH bikes.

Attachments

• IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    410.1 KB · Views: 2,143
  • IMG_0415.JPG
    IMG_0415.JPG
    307 KB · Views: 2,143
  • IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    316.4 KB · Views: 2,143
  • IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    354.5 KB · Views: 2,143
Lovely lovely and I like the roox finishing parts.

But please give it a clean. And regrease. Looks a bit sad with all that dried mud!

Fantastic bike, looks brilliant. Great kit, and Z1s a much better fit than indys

I'd have to agree with coomber, maybe a T cut to get the frame back to its original best, and a good clean, grease and lube up and it would be good to go ;)

These photos will give you a blast from the past. Me riding my 1997 Manomano at either the Cheddar Challenge or the NPS DH Round at Cheddar the same year (1997), I can't remember which.
Check out my snazzie Royal Navy Cycling kit over my Xeno Hard Nox body Armour and my old Troy Lee helmet with detachable mouth guard. Old School!!!!!!!!!!

I still have the frame and the body armour actually but am thinking of selling the frame on if anyone is interested.
PM me for details and more photos.

Attachments

• Cheddar Challenge or NPS 1997 01.jpg
    Cheddar Challenge or NPS 1997 01.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,622
  • Cheddar Challenge or NPS 1997 02.jpg
    Cheddar Challenge or NPS 1997 02.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,622
That's awesome, thanks for noticing. It still doesn't seem that long ago though! Are those Marzocchi Bombers' too? How well did it handle on that course?

I'd love to take this bike out for a ride one day, i've never ridden it as my dad would never let me. :(

i bought one new bitd and put spin wheels on it

only had it for 6 months as it was too boingy on the flat stuff, but it did look good with the wheels and yellow flite

kirbdug

Back