88 Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo s/s - WHAT COLOUR ?

dekerfintheshed

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Picked up a 88' Fisher HKEK off Ebay. Turned out to be a bit battered and a touch bigger than my other rides which put me off a bit...
Got to thinking, how about making the only Biopace singlespeed I've ever seen with U-brake !!
Set it up just with some home-made spacers to give a perfect chainline but had to use a singulator :oops:
Took it for a spin with no brakes or seat but did feel pretty good. Next stop paint and bit of tarting up "on a budget"....

Works a treat, got decals lined up, now what colour ?? I fancy an old English white (on an old Yankee bike) I know I'll get slated for not doing it as original, but this is a new concept and won't be as standard.

Attachments

• CIMG0730.JPG
    CIMG0730.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 2,651
  • CIMG0731.JPG
    CIMG0731.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 2,651
  • CIMG0733.JPG
    CIMG0733.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 2,651
Hope you will keep us up to date with pictures. Plenty of work to be done

Re: New project - Hoo Koo E Koo s/s

dekerfintheshed":2eo3b8nm said:
Got to thinking, how about making the only Biopace singlespeed I've ever seen with U-brake !!

Sorry chief beat you to it

Gt Talera

:p

Used to be one of these park next to my Diamond Back bmx in the school bikesheds in late '87. Always preferred it to teh blue - such a nice green. And good graphics.

Nice.

:D

No need for the singualtor dude!

There is matey, two chain outer plates won't join... It's there for the tension. Managed to work out the same amount of teeth would engage at whatever part of the pedal stroke. :D
Notice I've altered the orientation a la "Egg Rings" ??

(just a gimmick though, I can remember reading something on it BITD) :oops:

Check out the bars too, proper old school sweep on them, dead comfy'...
Sandblasted and sprayed them myself. Gonna be a right cheap rig !!
Really need a Turbo or Rolls saddle for this one if anyone's got 'owt ?

Was thinking about a respray in like an old English white ?? Thoughts ??

Cool - I like it!

I purchased a singulator as I thought I would need it with the Biopace ring but absolutley no problem without it - Sheldon Brown is the singlespeed man! :D :D

As for bad knees - I've commuted daily on mine for a while and no problems (runs of to find some wood to touch - curse you laminated work bench! :evil: :evil: )

Mark

:D :D :D

Back