1990 GT Tequesta Impulse Buy

Heavy

Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi and welcome to the site.

I think you got a good deal. The thumbies on it are worth £20 alone.

There seems to be some rust on the bolts, so i'd give that a clean up first as its easy to do with wire brush etc.

I'd also check over the frame for any rust, looks like a little bit on the inside of the chainside non-drive side where the tyre might have rubbed. Doesnt look bad but I would clear the rust and kurust it before touching it up. Wont have to worry about it then.

Not up on the older GTs but guessing its a 1991 model. Should be a lovely build when finished. Beauty is that youcan just add a few bits and its ready to ride, and then you can change bits as you wish.

Thanks for your thoughts Coomber.

I think I'm gonna get the bike ready for September and give it to my brother for his birthday.

Agreed, don't strip it!
These GT's have the best paint jobs that you just couldn't replicate. I was watching that auction, I would have loved to have bid on it, looks really good.

Check out my link below to see how good a Tequesta can look. :-D

Are these older Tequestas Tange?
Always wanted a Tequesta, didn't get too far away with my timberline. But I still look on Ebay now and then until the Mrs says no

Got the bike home and it looks a wreck, but a good clean and some tyres will make a big difference.

It is a bit of a dogs dinner parts wise and has has Deore thumbies, 200gs Front mech, Alivio rear, DiaCompe levers, STX cantis, Suntour u-brake, Shimano cranks with Middleburn and Specialites chainrings Bomber Extreme wheels and a Girvin Flexi-stem.

The most displeasing thing about it is that the grips have turned into uncured mastik, which I only found out when I got a handful of it.

The paintwork is dirty and has some areas which need painting on the chainstays, but should come up alright.

It has obviously been somebody's pride and joy at one point, and although it looks a mess at present at least the improvement should be noticeable.

Oh, and its way too small for my brother so I don't know what I'm gonna do with it once its running.

main.php

main.php

:evil: [/img]

Back