GT RTS2 1994

Grobbebol

Dirt Disciple
So here she is: my GT RTS2.

I bought this frame from a guy who had in mind to build this as a 4X bike with a giga frontfork. Lucky enough he never started his "project" and sold the frame to me. Another guy showed me the Rock Shox fork and quickly I started to see a new future for this dumped piece of history.
Slowly I found my missing parts and my tasklist was getting shorter. Very hard to find was the rearshock since most are leaking oil or worser. Now I have one spare shock in very good condition but without the piggybag and the one that I fitted. Perfect condition, not a scratch. The only thing I have to rebuild are the wheels, I found a set of hoops that are better than these Mavics simply because the Mavics are to new!
Further groupset is complete XT with Rapidfire shifters. The rearderailler I found with a big scratch in the paintwork, lucky for me just above the Deore XT logo. I found a spraycan from Tamiya with the exact color so with a pencil and patience I filled it up. Looks like nothing ever happened.
Shifters and brakes are new, cables are new, bottombracket and crankset are donated by an old Merida. Frontderailler is new too.

The headset is from Onza, Mongo 2, and officialy has treads but I removed them to fit to this fork. On top there is a Sakae stem and bar, barends are Onza. The grips are donated by the Belgium GT importer: he saw the bike in the shop where I used to work and fell in love, never saw a RTS so clean as mine. Seatpost is Sakae and seat is an old Flite Titanium.
On this picture I fitted slicktires and clipless pedals but normaly I have Tioga Psycho's and XT with straps.

This is still a not finished project but when finished I will post some better pictures. Hopefully by then the wheater is better too...

In my sparetime I am also rebuilding a Nishiki Ariel 1992. Hard to find parts are located and also this bike will be in mint condition. I am planning to keep a full photo report so I will keep you updated...

stay tuned :cool:

Attachments

• Bike10.jpg
    Bike10.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 3,134
  • Bike11.jpg
    Bike11.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 3,134
Nice covering. Fun how you described you painted the mech and such - seems you have a perfectionist attitude. Very good.

I know you know this one, but I'll post the MBUK RTS test in the mag scan section.

- Melvin

MY KINDA BIKE !!!!!! ;)

just picked this up , NOS :cool:

Attachments

• fe_1_b.jpg
    fe_1_b.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 3,102
I like perfection indeed...that's why I work at a small custombuild bicycle manufacter in Holland called Santos.
This summer the RTS is going into pieces to repolish the frame completely, it has to shine like a mirror. :cool:

@ Melvin: I can't get enough :p

@ Slim: got one too...and on Ebay.com you can find a new piggybag version but it is expencive and hard to repair.

Like your bike man! I found a set of original decals for the RTS Team so maybe I will rebuild this puppy again :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back