Un-rebuilt, un-restored 1991 bike

Merlin

Old School Hero
I hesitate to show this amongst the beautifully restored bikes on this site but here is a bike much as I built it in 1991, apart from a recent change to road tyres, complete with 20 years of rust.

Saracen frame (Tange Prestige), Accutrax forks. I removed the stickers when I built it because I thought it would be less likely to get stolen (well I still have it).

Paul

Attachments

• bike 002.JPG
    bike 002.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 2,511
  • bike 009r.jpg
    bike 009r.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 2,510
  • bike 007r.jpg
    bike 007r.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2,510
  • bike 005r.jpg
    bike 005r.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 2,512
Looks like a great bike Paul. Is the frame fillet brazed? Which model was that? Some lovely components on it too.

Get some off road amber wall tyres on it, will look sweet then.

Looks like a great bike Paul. Is the frame fillet brazed? Which model was that? Some lovely components on it too.

A Kili Flier. Check out Heathy's showroom model. A bit earlier than 1991. I have one too and really like the way it rides.

the_duke":2c3q4fld said:

Thanks, it had Ritchie Quads for tyres until last week, which was before I came across this site. It is partly fillet brazed, Tufftrax I think but any feedback from experts will be welcome. The frame has 130mm rear dropouts and I got it as a sale item without forks so it may be earlier than 1991.

Attachments

• bike 004r.jpg
    bike 004r.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 2,484
  • bike 003r.jpg
    bike 003r.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 2,485
Iwasgoodonce":1rdqetis said:
A Kili Flier. Check out Heathy's showroom model. A bit earlier than 1991. I have one too and really like the way it rides.

Thanks very much for the info. I agree about the ride.

Paul.

P.S. I have just checked the photos of the showroom model (and very nice it is), I remember the frame stickers now.

Looks very nice, interesting colour. I don't see the "20 years of rust" anywhere on it though :cool:

I love seeing bikes like this about, ones that have had a long life of useful service and in return have been looked after

They sort of look like they've evolved through their lives as bits have worn out and replaced or whatever

Looks damned cool

blimey, dont apologise for that!.....a bit of 'patina' personalises a bike, i like it although i too am struggling to see 20 years of rust on it!!.... :LOL:

Back