SPECIALIZED GROUND CONTROL

SLIM

BoTM Winner
finally got this one finished ..................

had the build decided , and the parts collected months ago

but the red paint was looking a bit the worse for wear , and after having the rear powder caoated and looking as new , and the NOS quadra , i just couldnt leave it the way it was , besides if i had it repainted the decals would be gone , and trust me there are no replacements out there , especially the top tube "S" (as of yet)

spent the last few months looking for a match , finally found a pretty good match ........ so after about 4 hours with an airbrush , managed to blend the new paint in with the old and saved the original decals , well happy :D

specialized ground control

forks = quadra 21r
stem = x lite
bars = specialized alloy
grips = gripshift (only grey i could find)
tyres = specialized ummas cannibal s
saddle = flite ti
post = specialized (needs replacing)
rims = mavic 230
everything else = LX

and as this one finishes another arrives :LOL: ( see my next post )

Attachments

• Picture 018 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 018 (Medium).jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 2,583
  • Picture 019 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 019 (Medium).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 2,583
  • Picture 020 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 020 (Medium).jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 2,583
  • Picture 017 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 017 (Medium).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 2,584
Looks well snappy. Love the black cranks and the stem!
(Get rid of the red canti hangers)

Nice SLIM! Quick question (not criticism) - why is teh rear Q/R that way around? Never seen it before

dont know mate always done them that way ??

only one i had trouble with was the epic , bit tight to the mech

is it wrong ????????

I'm using it that way on my modern disc brake -equipped bikes for I read somewhere that it's recommended to use the lever where the tightening force is on the opposite side of the disc. No difference on rim brakes though and I've always used skewers with lever on left.

Archangel":24retu8w said:
I'm using it that way on my modern disc brake -equipped bikes for I read somewhere that it's recommended to use the lever where the tightening force is on the opposite side of the disc. No difference on rim brakes though and I've always used skewers with lever on left.

I know a few people who run them that side on disc brake equipped bikes so they dont burn their hands on the rotor

Back