I realise it's vulgar to ask but would you be prepared to divulge the cost?
With respect no. But I'll say I've spent more on modern bikes that if I were to stack on tonights ride or it get stolen out of my car I can go buy another exactly the same tomorrow so it represents good value (to me at least) given it's rarity.
Also, to be ultra-critical, I can't help feeling that the overall look (which, let's face it, was one of the driving forces of the project) is let down slightly by some detailing:
1) An obviously used middle 'ring!
2) A lack of Yeti signature ferrules (that appear on the Tomac DH bike)
3) A non-refinished seatclamp.
4) The stem - no stem cap! And whilst I can handle a lack of internal brake cable routing - given the choice of forks - surely a stem with a flat cap to mimic Tomac's Tioga T-bone would be truer to the look?
5) Scuffed cranks (unless that's just a dodgy reflection!)
6) Seatpost on the cusp of acceptability...
7) No 'Motocross' TT decal (no biggie!)
I don't mean to be overly critical but given the obvious time, effort and money that've gone in to the project and the amazing aesthetics of the frame, the details need to be nigh on perfect. That is to say, the supporting role played by the components needs to be first-rate in so far as they should almost go unnoticed rather than stand out as second-rate. Unless I have missed the point!
My assessment is this:
Frame and Forks: A*
Components and finishing details: C
This could so easily be perfect!
Thanks. I mean it. I just wish more people on this site would speak their mind - like any aspect of life, constructive criticism can only be a good thing. Some of the points you raise are already of my radar - for example I already replaced both the saddle and seatpost with better/NOS examples of those fitted. Nicer cranks and middle ring would be good, I have a line on the Motocross TT decal that I just haven't pursued yet, not sure how I managed to miss the ferrules - I have a set in my toolbox!
The stem is the biggest problem - finding something in the 'right' dimensions, 1 1/4" 110mm and 10 degree rise in steel and that would fit the bars through the clamp! I dont lose any sleep over it
Maybe one day it will be "perfect" but for now I just ran out of patience on it and got it built 99%. It gives me something to tinker with.
But again thanks for your comments. Its all good