All finished now.
My new job slowed this build down, but my lack of confidence in making the decals really put the brakes on. I ended up using Gil's '91 + '92 sets as the basis and used some as they were (fork & seat stays) and played around with the others, a craft knife & some black paint to create the others (top tube, head tube & seat tube) to get a match to the catalogue. I am delighted, not to say relieved, with the finished results
I also had to grind the front cable hanger down a great deal to fit the relatively short steerer - and as I didn't have a bench grinder that meant running backwards & forwards between work & home to get the right fit.
All in all I'm delighted with this bike. The frame has ended up exactly how I wanted it and although not all the parts are strictly period (and may not be approved of by all) I think it looks spot-on & am looking forward to trying it out at Sleepless this weekend.