my Klein Attitude REBUILD!!!

Martin

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
After a long time searching I finally found one of my dreambikes..... A Klein Attitude in teamcolours.... Lovely...

Foto-43BE8JZL.jpg

Foto-NNQBRNPQ.jpg

Foto-63VGN6PC.jpg

The bike was build up for cruising by the previous owner. I want to build it up like he originally was. The frameset is in good shape, only a few scratches, but hey, he's 15 years of age.

I am not sure if it's a '91er. I know he's not from 1990, and is not listed in the original 1992 catalogue. Also with the bike I got a original MissionControl stem/bar combination in the original colour.

Who can tell me where I can find the exact specifications of this bike.

Martin

i cant believe you didnt put the mission control back on before posting a photo :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: nice frame :)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: OH MY HOW COULD THEY DO THAT. IT'S STUNNING I'M STUNNED :cry: :cry:

Re: Klein Attitude ('91er?)

Martin":fp26sx55 said:
After a long time searching I finally found one of my dreambikes..... A Klein Attitude in teamcolours.... Lovely...
Martin

aah, the marktplaats cruiser...

it very much looks like a 1990, from the first batch they have made. is the Klein logo embossed on the upper rubber head set seal like on this one? that was only done on the early 1990 models.

DSC03834-1.jpg

also indicative for an early 1990 one is the location of the Klein logo on the fork a bit closer to the outside of the legs. the later ones in 1990 and 1991 had them straight on the front.

nice find, especially if you got it for his asking price.
the frame originally had a welded-on seat post clamp. i bet that it cracked and then was cut-off and replaced by the seperate clamp. that was a usual fix and nothing wrong with it.

and yeah, put the MC1 back on it ;)

Carsten

The cap on the headset is indeed the one wich is on the photo. The difference between te 90 and 91er is what I think is the position of the decal on the fork. The 91er has the decal a little lower on it.

And yes indeed I think the seatpostclamp is cut of. Maybe it was cracked. I'm going to fit a nice plain black clamp on it.

The bik is stripped now and after a few hours of polishing (with some help of LTSbiker) the frame looks nice again. The MC is installed. Now I try to find some original parts for this one.

I spotted it too :D You really spent a sh*tload money on that ;)

Ooh ...uh yes, put that MC on.

BTW nice seat. It is the Concor seat that came stock on a 1995 Koga GranSpecial roadbike. I had two of those Concors. The woodprint is fun. I liked the Concor a lot! I positioned in such way that it was perfectly horizontal with a ridge at the back. Great for me big ring pusher. Sadly I bend both my Concors :( They are not really for off road use.

Well, I stripped the bike, polished it for several minutes (ltsbiker loved to help me and did the rest with lots of love..:)) and all what's left of it is:

Foto-O8ZSDU7B.jpg

Foto-M6TCMG3N.jpg

The cableguides in de undertube is installed (it had only the rear gears) and the steel cable is just to easy up the installation of the new cables.

Back