Cannondale Mini V '95

RAFbikes

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I do occasionally finish a build, this one was lightning fast as I'd been looking for a tiny killer V for my tiny mum for ages and one turned up on my door looking a bit sorry for itself on Saturday
12052011657.jpg

12052011656-1.jpg

Looks better in the pics than it did in the metal chip scrapes rust rips all the usual stuff, it certainly hadn't been abused just a well used 16 year old bike.

Anyway mums birthday on Monday saw it looking far shinier, I stripped the paint off polished it not a perfect job but looks good.
18052011659.jpg

18052011658.jpg

The spec list.
Frame: Cannondale Killer V 1995
Fork: Pace RC30
Wheels: Black Shimano Parallax hubs with black Easten rims
Tyres: White Halo twin rail
Headset: Diacompe aheadset
Seat post: original black canondale one
Stem: X-lite Fly
Handlebar: black ultimate toy risers cut down to fit the tiny mum
Saddle: Black leather selle italia gel flow
Grips: soft foam jobbies
Chainset: Mint LX cranks with a mint Raceface ring and a NOS Ging rock ring
Cassette: HG70
Chain: Can't think off the top of my head
Pedals: Alloy cage type
Shifter: 8 speed XT
Mech: XT M739
Brake levers: LX servo wave
Brakes: XT M739
Cables: White Jagwire L3

I think I'll swap the pedals out for some white V8's and the chainring is a 9 speed so that'll have to go but other than that I'm quite pleased with it wouldn't normally put V brakes on a bike with a canti bridge but I didn't have any decent canti brake levers and only had 48 hours to turn it around so

Yeah man! she'll be bunny hopin' down the Bmx track. I know it's a bit funky fresh but the choice of parts was based he reaction to various bikes I've built over the years so without realising it she chose the parts.

I may have to sell it on though as she's having a job getting her leg over it (no leg over jokes it's my mum!) I may have to bite the bullet and build a step through lady bike unless anyone can think of a good frame that doesn't require the rider to swing their leg over the seat, the only one I think could possibly work is a super V

Thanks mate, yeah a fly and a rock ring/bash guard not expecting to land it on any rocks but had to find a cool alternative for a chain guard.

she's used to a 3 speed bike so kept it simple and only fitted the one mech.

Staf.

After all that she can't get on it! she got on it when I mocked it up and said it was perfect but now it's got a saddle on it she just can get her leg over it! Does anyone fancy it before I break it down and sell it off?

Back