Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:19 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:33 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:31 pm
Posts: 8405
Thats class man 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:19 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:28 am
Posts: 1665
Location: Pacific Northwest
So sweet!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:50 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:10 pm
Posts: 988
sweet as candy!

(arnt the tires mounted the wrong way - backwards?)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:00 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 250
Location: Sutton Coldfield
:D 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:29 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:38 pm
Posts: 530
Location: blaagaardsgade, Copenhagen
spot on!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:50 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:17 pm
Posts: 944
Location: Anywhere that is not on this planet
yeti-man wrote:
sweet as candy!

(arnt the tires mounted the wrong way - backwards?)


Trust you to notice that. I always put tires on the wrong way and I can never work out why.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:00 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:02 pm
Posts: 126
Location: the south east, UK
Nobby Nics are correct orientation arn't they? They fit the opposite way you would expect, indication on the sidewalls. Great to find an Adroit of this era in a unique colour, current xtr components look right at home on this frame. Any story on why it is this special colour?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:05 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:17 pm
Posts: 944
Location: Anywhere that is not on this planet
bat40a6 wrote:
Nobby Nics are correct orientation arn't they? They fit the opposite way you would expect, indication on the sidewalls. Great to find an Adroit of this era in a unique colour, current xtr components look right at home on this frame. Any story on why it is this special colour?


Someone decided that they wanted this color so I believe they had Klein have this frame sprayed this yellow. Archangel says it is the color they have on a quantum. It is a beautiful color in the flesh.

Thanks andy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:06 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:35 am
Posts: 380
Beautiful frame in a beautiful colour. Did you consider modern suspension forks? A modern fork with black lower legs would make aesthetical sense in my opinion, and along with the modern XTR kit would make this old beast able to compete with the best of them performance wise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:46 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:28 am
Posts: 1665
Location: Pacific Northwest
PIGEON wrote:
Beautiful frame in a beautiful colour. Did you consider modern suspension forks? A modern fork with black lower legs would make aesthetical sense in my opinion, and along with the modern XTR kit would make this old beast able to compete with the best of them performance wise.


I see where you are coming from, but it looks more Kleiny having the sliders yellow too. IMO


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group