Trek 8700, Trek 9200, and friends!

Chickenball

Retro Guru
Ok...now that I have gotten my posts up to 5. This is sending some love out to the Retro guys and gals across the pond!

Misc072.jpg

Misc091.jpg

5674m31_20.jpg

Misc081.jpg

The 8700 was in really bad shape when I got it. I am in the process of rebuilding the wheels (Mavic 317 with Deore LX hubs).

The 9200 is getting the rear swingarm repainted (white) while I just got a set of Trek Mogul forks. Rear elastomer (donuts) was removed and looking for suitable replacements.

The Rocky I just picked up from my hometown. It is in SHOWROOM condition and posted it on another forum over here in North America. Looking to put a Softride stem on it (pictured on the Kona Fire Mountain)

The Kona is for sale. Its too small for me and I need to find a good home for it!

All very nice sir!......I'm guessing from the seatpost on the rm that you are 4.5 m tall!.......welcome to rb!.....

Man, love the site already! No I am not a "giant". The pics posted are the ones that were on the classifieds ad from my hometown in the prairies. The guy that owned it babied it and when my friend went to pick it up.....his words were, "this this is in SHOWROOM" condition. It has barely been ridden in 20 years! Came with Syncros forks, Full XT groupo, Syncros seatpost, and a different seat. I am going to get it when he comes out to the west coast! Its my 3rd Hammer....1st one I got in 1991 and had to trade it in for another bike because I grew 6 inches. 2nd one I built back in 1997 and got jacked by a a former friend! This one was a fluke and I couldn't pass it up as I was looking for an Explosif and couldn't find one and stumbled across the RM!

I got a story on all the bikes!

8700 is getting new handlebars (Zoom), stem (ControlTECH), seatpost (ControlTECH), and seat (????). Rims are just getting finished up!

9200 is getting Easton Stem, Trek Mogul fork, Race Face Headset, Deore DX Front hubs and Rear with 7 speed cassette, Syncros Big Box rims, XT front and rear derailleur, XT trigger fire with levers (Rocky) XT brakes (Rocky), Easton Seatpost, seat (????), Ritchey Handlebars (from Rocky) and XT crankset.

Rocky is getting a bit of lift as well. Syncros handlebars, Softride stem, XT thumbs, XTR V-brake and levers and new seat (Flite Ti).

Once I get some pics I will post all of them on new threads! Am I forgetting anything?! Good! Enjoy!

Currently trying to sell the Kona!

mikee":de7gkucd said:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139657&highlight=trek

a link to a head to head i did a wee while ago

mike

Thanks!!! I am looking at a rear shock with a lockout where I can adjust it. That was a great review. I've always wanted one of the 9000-9200-9500 but never got the chance! It will be interesting to ride with the upgraded and original components!

Heres my 1993 Composite 8300, running full Suntour groupset.

Bought it last November for small amount of ebay,

Lovely bike, hope to get on it again in August when i am back

Baz

Attachments

• trek.jpg
    trek.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 5,269
Back