Old School Roadie

BigYin

Dirt Disciple
Look what I dragged out of the loft last week...

11324607_bdf21cc436.jpg

Nice old school road ride :)
Kendell isn't a brand/builder I'm au fait with. Any more details?

Not a builder as such... it was my LBS. It's a bike I bought from a mate in my old cycling club. When I got it, it was a manky blue metalic with rusty chrome stays. It was branded as a Hargreaves (which again is a LBS) but I was assured that it was actually a Woodrup.

Good old fashioned angles, 22 1/2" frame, 73 parallel, 531SL frame and taper gauge forks. Sadly missing original reynolds transfers, just the 531 renovation sticker on there now.

Shimano 600 (pre ultegra) gears, non indexed of course, campag brakes, and SR Sakae Bars/Stem.

Wheels are Specialized sealed bearing hubs, Suntour Ultra Seven block and Mavic sprint rims fitted with the last of my (extremely well matured) Wolber tubs.

Rides nicely, feels more of a cyclosportif/fast audax bike than an all out racer by modern standards (even with the sprints/tubs). Not that I'd fancy riding an Audax on that Benotto plastic bar tape.

Had a couple of good day-rides on it, and it's now on 'extended loan' to a mate who's decided to get back into cycling as part of his mid-life-crisis management plan

:LOL:

Back