Mountain Klein - Remember this one?

hydorah

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Got my Klein, just as expected, some nasty sand paper encounters have been suffered

Good news on the parts, they were largely correct and original - M730

Cranks / Ubrake / Fmech / Rmech / SPD pedals

...And a single LH thumbie

And a little bit of mish-mash

Bars are Ritchey ProLite and the stem is 'American' never heard of that maker but looks pretty cool - Forks have Spinergy/ski or something stamped/forged into the drop outs

Date codes on al the M730 stuff are '88

Bike S/N is old format... 2MA68 which from what I can find out means approximately nothing date-wise

So yeah now I have it...

dscf3027.jpg

dscf3028.jpg

dscf3038.jpg

dscf3057.jpg

dscf3044.jpg

Basically there are little bits of damage to the finish in many places. I'll do a bit of investigation into options. I'm open minded about what I'll choose to do

In other good news there are no dings, dents, cracks or major gouges on the frame, and the BB is perfect

mate thats cool, very , :cool: so are you going to re-finish the frame new decals etc, or just fettle it a little?

Your stem is cool. "American" stuff is great ----well built and sturdy, as well as aesthetically pleasing.

Refinish

Good news about the stem, cheers Yo-Nate-Y.

In answer to your question Sinnerman

After careful evaluation, I think I'm gonna have to strip it and start again as colour matching a three way fade is gonna be silly, as well as trying to cut back lacquer to get the damaged decals off...

So I'll do that Nitromors the lot off. Gonna feel really weird as for the most part the paint looks awesome

Better get in touch with Mr gil_m and see about decals...

I think I'm gonna mirror polish it and see how that looks before painting it... Might as well see as it's gonna be naked

If it it looks cool that'll certainly be something different...

even if it is blasphemy to repaint a Klein, Jon does some great paint jobs for Kleins and I'm sure he could do it to your bike to, because the sanding looks ugly, the rest really retro!!! cool

I cant help thinking that the beauty of this frame is in the paint, I love it!

....... :cool:

Attachments

• 986MtKleincool.jpg
    986MtKleincool.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 4,303
.... :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• mountain klein.jpg
    mountain klein.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 4,299
Back